I am currently a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of
Electrical & Computer Engineering at Rutgers University
under the guidance of Prof. Dario Pompili.
I am a research assistant in the Cyber Physical Systems Laboratory
I received the B.Eng. degree (honors program)
from Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam in 2011 and the M.Sc.
degree from University of Akron, OH in 2013, all in Electrical &
Computer Engineering. In summers 2015 and 2016, I was a research
intern at Huawei Technologies US R&D Center, Bridgewater, NJ.
My general research interests are on the applications
of optimization and machine learning to wireless networking systems.
My current research areas include
- Mobile-Edge Computing (MEC)
- Wireless Edge Caching
- Edge Computing for Smart Healthcare
- Cloud Radio Access Networks (C-RAN)
- Cooperative Communications
- Optimal algorithms for power allocation and precoder design in relaying networks
- Energy efficient routing algorithms for datacenter networks with SDN
- T. X. Tran, A. Hajisami, and D. Pompili, “Cooperative Hierarchical
Caching in 5G Cloud Radio Access Networks (C-RANs)”,
IEEE Network, July 2017, to appear.
- T. X. Tran, A. Hajisami, P. Pandey, and D. Pompili, “Collaborative Mobile Edge
Computing in 5G Networks: New Paradigms, Scenarios, and Challenges”,
IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 54-61, 2017
- T. X. Tran and D. Pompili, “Dynamic Radio Cooperation for User-Centric
Cloud-RAN with Computing Resource Sharing”, IEEE Transactions on
Wireless Communications, 2017, to appear.
- D. Pompili, A. Hajisami, and T. X. Tran, “Elastic Resource Utilization
Framework for High Capacity and Energy Efficiency in Cloud RAN”,
IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 26-32, 2016.
- T. X. Tran, N. H. Tran, H. R. Bahrami and S. Sastry, “On
Achievable Rate and Ergodic Capacity of NAF Multi-Relay Networks with CSI",
IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 1490-1502, May 2014
- T. X. Tran, P. Pandey, A. Hajisami, and D. Pompili, “Collaborative Multi-Bitrate Video Caching and Processing in Mobile-Edge Computing Networks”, in Proc. IEEE/IFIP Conference on Wireless On-demand Network Systems and Services (WONS), 2017 [Best Paper Award]
- T. X. Tran and D. Pompili, “Octopus: A Cooperative Hierarchical Caching Strategy for Cloud Radio Access Networks”, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2016.
- T. X. Tran, A. Hajisami, and D. Pompili, “QuaRo: A Queue-Aware Robust Coordinated Transmission Strategy for Downlink C-RANs”, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (SECON), 2016.
- T. X. Tran and D. Pompili, “Dynamic Radio Cooperation for Downlink Cloud-RANs with Computing Resource Sharing”, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2015.
- T. X. Tran, N. Tran, T. Duong, M. Elkashlan, and H. Bahrami, “MRC-based Relay Precoding for Cooperative AF Multi-Antenna Relay Networks with CSI”, in Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), 2014.
- T. X. Tran, N. Tran, H. Bahrami, H. Dinh, and S. Sastry, “On Achievable Rate and Ergodic Capacity of OAF Multiple-Relay Networks with CSI”, in Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), 2013.
- T. M. Syed, N. H. Tran, T. X. Tran, and Z. Han, ˇ°Precoder Design for a Single-Relay Non-Orthogonal AF System based on Mutual Informationˇ±, in Proc. IEEE International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), pp. 567-572, July 2013.
- T. X. Tran, N. H. Tran, and H. R. Bahrami, "Optimal Power Sharing Strategies in NAF Multiple-Relay Networks with CSI"", in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 4620-4624, June 2013.
- T. X. Tran, N. T. Dzung and T. M. Hoang, "Chaos in Chua Oscillator with Chua's Diode and Memristor," in Proc. IEICE Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications (NOLTA) , 2010.
A. Hajisami and T. X. Tran , "Elastric Resource Provisioning for
High Energy Efficiency and Resource Utilization in 5G Network," Rutgers ECE Research Day, 2016
[Best Poster Award]
A. Hajisami, T. X. Tran , and D. Pompili, "Dynamic Provisioning for High Energy
Efficiency and Resource Utilization in Cloud RANs," IEEE MASS 2015
T. X. Tran , "Maximum Data Transmission Rate of Cooperative Relay Wireless Networks,"
Student Innovation Symposium, The University of Akron, April 2013
Note: Materials presented here are to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and
technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other
copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to
the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases,
these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.