Graduate StudentDepartment of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
2010-present PhD Candidate, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
2008-2010 Master of Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
2004-2008 Bachelor of Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, India
My current research is on Modeling, control and optimization of wet granulation processes.
A. Chaudhury, A. Tamrakar, M. Schongut, D. Smrcka, F. Stepanek, R. Ramachandran. Multi-dimensional population balance model development and validation of reactive granulation processes.Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 54 (3), 842-857, 2015.
M. O. Besenhard, A. Chaudhury, T. Vetter, R. Ramachandran, J. Khinast. Evaluation of parameter estimation methods for crystallization processes modeled via population balance equations. Chemical Engineering Research & Design, 94, 275-289, 2015.
A. Chaudhury, M. E. Armenante and R. Ramachandran. Compartment based population balance modeling of a high shear wet granulation process using data analytics. Chemical Engineering Research & Design, doi:10.1016/j.cherd.2014.10.024, 2014.
M. Sen, A. Chaudhury. R. Singh, R. Ramachandran. Two-dimensional population balance development and validation of a pharmaceutical crystallization process. American Journal of Modern Chemical Engineering, 1, 13-29 , 2014.
A. Chaudhury, D. Barrasso, P. Pandey, H. Wu, R. Ramachandran. Population balance model development, validation and prediction of CQAs of a high-shear wet granulation process: Towards QbD in drug product pharmaceutical manufacturing, Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, Accepted 2014. of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 9 (1), 53-64, 2014.
- R. Singh, D. Barrasso, A. Chaudhury, M. Sen, M. Ierapetritou, R. Ramachandran. Closed-loop feedback control of a continuous pharmaceutical tablet manufacturing process via wet granulation. Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 9 (1), 16-37 , 2014.
- A. Chaudhury, H. Wu, M. Khan, R. Ramachandran, A mechanistic population balance model for granulation processes: Effect of process and formulation parameters, 2013, Chemical Engineering Science, 107, 76-92.
- A. Chaudhury, I. Oseledets, R. Ramachandran, A computationally efficient technique for the solution of multi-dimensional PBMs of granulation via tensor decomposition, Computers & Chemical Engineering, 2013, 61, 234-244.
- M. Sen, A. Rogers, R. Singh, A. Chaudhury, J. John, M. G. Ierapetritou, R. Ramachandran. Flowsheet modeling and optimization of an integrated pharmaceutical purification-processing manufacturing operation. Chemical Engineering Science, 2013, 102, p.56-66
- A. V. Prakash, A. Chaudhury, R. Ramachandran. Parallel Simulation Of Population Balance Model-Based Particulate Processes Using Multi-Core CPUs And GPUs. Modeling and Simulation in Engineering, 2013, dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/475478
- A. V. Prakash, A. Chaudhury, D. Barrasso, R. Ramachandran, Simulation of population balance model-based particulate processes on a distributed computing system. Chemical Engineering Research and Design 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.cherd.2013.01.017
- M. Sen, A. Chaudhury, R. Singh, J. John, R. Ramachandran, Multi-scale flowsheet simulation of an integrated continuous purification-downstream pharmaceutical manufacturing process, International Journal of Pharmaceutics 2013, 445(1-2), p.29-38
- A. Chaudhury, A. Kapadia, A.V. Prakash, D. Barrasso, R. Ramachandran. An Extended Cell-average Technique for Multi-Dimensional Population Balance Models describing Aggregation and Breakage. Advanced Powder Technology 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.apt.2013.01.006
- A. Chaudhury, R. Ramachandran. Integrated population balance model development and validation of a granulation process. Particulate Science and Technology, 2013, 31 (4), 407-418
- F. Boukouvala, A. Chaudhury, M. Sen, R. Zhou, R. Ramachandran, M. Ierapetritou. An integrated approach for dynamic flowsheet modeling for continuous tablet manufacturing process. Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 2013, 8(1), p. 11-27
- P. Pandey, J. Tao, A. Chaudhury, R. Ramachandran, J. Gao, D. Bindra. A combined experimental and modeling approach to study the effects of high-shear wet granulation process parameters on granule characteristics. Pharmaceutical Development And Technology, 2013, 18(1), p. 210-224
- A. Chaudhury, A. Niziolek, R. Ramachandran. Multidimensional Mechanistic Modeling of Fluid Bed Granulation Process: An Integrated Approach. Advanced Powder Technology, 2012, 24, p. 113-131
- R. Ramachandran, M. Ansari, A. Chaudhury, A. Kapadia, A. V. Prakash and F. Stepanek. A Quantitative Assessment of the Influence of Primary Particle Size Distribution on Granule Inhomogeneity. Chemical Engineering Science 2012, 71, p.104-110
- R. Ramachandran, A. Chaudhury. Model-based Design and Control of Continuous Drum Granulation Processes. Chemical Engineering Research & Design 2011, 90, p. 1063-1073
- R. Ramachandran, J. Arjunan, A. Chaudhury and M. Ierapetritou. Model-Based Control-Loop Performance Assessment of a Continuous Direct Compaction Pharmaceutical Process. Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation 2011, 6 (4), p.249-263
- A. Chaudhury, S. Chakraborty, Dynamics of Mixing-Limited Pattern Formation in Non-Isothermal Homogeneous Autocatalytic Reactors: a Low-Dimensional Computational Analysis?, Industrial Engineering and Chemistry Research .2011, 50 (8), pp 4335?4344
A. Chaudhury, S. Chakraborty, Dynamic Simulation of
Mixing Limited Symmetric and Asymmetric Patterns in
Homogeneous Autocatalytic Reactors?, Industrial
Engineering and Chemistry Research (ISCRE Special Issue)
2010, 49(21) pp 10517-10523