Last updated: August 11, 2015
See this same information listed chronologically
- "[No Title]," Walking With Integrity 1.2 (May 1992):
31. Announces Crew's E-Directory of Lesbigay Christians
- "[untitled]," Voice 47.6 (September 1999): 7. Picture
of Crew with others attending the 25th anniversary service of women's ordination
- "`Healers' of Gays Find a Venue at D.C. Church," Washington
Times January 29, 1994. By Larry Witham. Quotes Crew in support for
freedom of his enemies' speech
- "101 Reasons to Be
Episcopalian by Louie Crew," Christian Book Review Online from
October 10, 2012.
- "2004 in Review," Communique from Integrity Alabama
December 2004: 2. Notes Crew's sermon and dinner to celebrate feast of Aelred
in January; notes Crew's participation in August in the Jonathan Daniels
pilgrimage and his reflections at an event afterward
- "2015 Louie Crew
Clay Grants," The Oasis from June 2, 2015. Identifies recipients of
four grants, named for Clay, by the Oasis, an lgbtq ministry of the Dioocese of
- "AAC excels at shutting doors ," Everyvoice.net from
October 10, 2003. By Kevin Jones, regarding banning of Crew at the summit of
the American Anglican Council
- "About Our Group," Gay Task Force News Conference
1978. Notes Babara Gittings' materials in The Gay Academic
- "Academic Homophobia," L. I. Connection . No date on
copy Crew retains. Carries dateline 'IGNA' (International Gay News
Association). No page given. Reports article in College English by Louie Crew
and Karen Keener, pubd in 1981
- "Academics: Chalking Up Gay Lessons," Advocate #325
(1981): 17-19, 48. Features material about John DeCecco, Sharon Raphael, Louie
Crew, and Martin Duberman. Includes photos of each
- "Acceptance of UTO Funds Questioned," Living Church
229.12 (September 19, 2004): 6. Reports Crew's open letter to the Archbishop of
Uganda seeking clarification of why the Archbishop claims to be rejecting funds
while still accepting them
- "Acknowlegments," Church Publishing Inc. in Diversity
or Disunity? Reflections on Lambeth 1998 by James Solheim. 1999. Acknowledges
Crew's help as 'invaluable' in the web reports he published on the 1998 Lambeth
Conference. See p. vii
- "Addendum," Episcopalian March 1979: 18. Account of
Crew's vindication by his Georgia parish, which earlier had asked him to leave
- "Adult Forums Proved to be Effective and Needed," Grace
Notes: E-Parish News [Grace Van Vorst, Jersey City] Summer 2004: Message
9. Reports on parish survey regarding forums, in one of which Louie Crew
- "Advocates gather to claim blessing rite for same-sex
couples," Episcopal News Service 11/11/02 by Jan Nunley, who sites
Crew: `Same-sex blessing is not the cutting edge issue for the church, nor
should it be... [It] is stealing time from our common goal of mission'
- "Affirming the
Ministry of the Laity," Trinity News [Trinity Church, Wall Street,
NYC] 39.3 (Michaelmas 1992): 6-15. Elizabeth Eisenstadt reports that Crew
'eloquently' spoke with the Archbishop of Canterbury at a national lay
- "Afterword," Queers! For Christ's Sake
Robert Peter's commentary from 2004
- "Al-Fatiha and the First North American LGBTQ Muslim
Conference," PaulinePark.com From October 1999. Includes comments
about Crew's presentation at the conference.
- "All Souls Excommunicates Local Newsletter Publisher,"
Asheville Citizen Times Friday, June 9, 2000: 1. John Boyle and Jason
Sanford report excommunication of Lewis Green for disrupting mass to protest
gays. Quotes Crew
- "An Ardent Environmentalist, Li Min Hua," Campus Community
News [Chinese University of Hong Kong] No. 15: June 1986: 3. Reports
Crew's comparison of automobile expenses in Wisconsin and Hong Kong
- "Analyze Your Writing," Church Bytes 62 (June 1,
1992): 9. 'If you are serious about improving your writing, just the program
Stlyed alone is worth the price'
- "And God Said, 'Looo - Ti!'*," Wellspring Winter 1997:
6-7. By The Rev. Canon Elizabeth Kaeton. A story to honor and celebrate the
60th birthday of Louie Crew
- "Anglican Church
Sexuality Consultation in Brazil," Changing Attitude from 2002.
Reports that Crew's suggestion prompted the consultation (at which Crew
participated in Rio)
- "Anglican Poetry Contest Winners!," Anglican Beach Party
- "Anglican World Wide Web wars," Scripps Howard News
Service Terry Mattingly's column for 5/30/2001. Sites Crew's Anglican
pages as a `sprawling site' to which `The church's left wing has long looked for
news and commentary'
- "Anglicans say bishop rift imperils 'unity'," Boston
Globe 10/17/2003 By Charles M. Sennott, Globe Staff and AP reports.
- "Anglicans stay united for now, but homosexuality still divisive
issue ," Oklahoma Daily [oudaily.com] by Andrea Gerlin and Jim
Remsen - Knight-Ridder Tribune from October 17, 2003
- "Announcement of Muses," Anthropology Research Group on
Homosexuality Newsletter 9.3 (1987): 20
- "Archbishop Asks for Time To Work it Out," Capital Gay
week ending May 31, 1991. Report cites Crew's exchange of letters with the
Archbishop of Canterbury. [London]
We Too Radical or Too Conservative?," Voice of Integrity 3.1 (Winter
1993): 14-15. Kim Byham assesses shifting views of the organization and of
Louie Crew, founder, in light of Robert Williams's criticism
- "As Eye See It: The Central Heresy of the Episcopal Church,"
VirtueOnline by John Becker from 8/31/2007. `This has all come about
because Jack Spong and Louie Crew have jointly made a full frontal attack on the
rudiments of the Christian Faith'
- "Ash Wednesday: Joy Anyway," Clark West's Blogspot
Sermon at Cornell University on February 17, 2010, pointing to Louie Crew and
Ernest Clay for their audacity to hope in the middle of adversity
- "At Axis
of Episcopal Split, an Anti-Gay Nigerian," New York Times December
25, 2006. By Lydia Polgreen and Laurie Goodstein. At beginning Archbishop
Peter Akinola describes his 'wonder and horror' upon meeting Crew and Clay
- "Atlants Pride Calendar," Atlanta Journal-Constitution
June 21, 2006, page 32. Notes that Crew will be the speaker at Gay Pride
Eucharist as All Saints in Atlanta on June 21.
- "Attitudes Towards Electronic Communication,"
Communications Legislative Committee of the 72nd General Convention from
March 1998. Many cite Crew's Anglican pages as a model
- "Authors Appearing at GAAMC," Challenge 15.4 (April
1991): 1. Newsletter of Gay Activist Alliance in Morris County. Reports April
6 appearance by Ernest Clay and Louie Crew. See also 10
- "av. Gay and Christian," Central Michigan University,
Department of Religion 1981. A videotape of several lectures by Crew at
- "av. Several Evenings with Louie Crew," Nothing To Hide 1983. Cable
Access TV in Madison, Wisconsin and available for distribution elsewhere
- "Barf Bag Warning - TEC, the Movie," Still on Patrol
April 30, 2007. David C. Trimble's review of `Not That Kind of Christian,' an
80-minute film featuring Louie Crew, Ernest Clay, Bishop Gene Robinson, et al.
- "Barry Stopfel Ordained; Louie Crew Breaks Eucharistic Fast,"
Outlook Oct/Nov. 1991: 15. Nick Dowen reports
- "Basic English & Poetease," Shareware Magazine 3.6
(1989):32. New listing from PC-SIG, as Disk No. 1181
- "BASICA RENUM, A Better Way," Foglight 2.12 (1987):21.
A followup to Crew in July issue. Article by Bill Petriko
- "Basica Suggestions," Foglight 4.8 (May 1989): 4-5.
By Garth Bennett. Responds to my BASICA Tips in December 1989 issue
- "Battle Lines Form in House of Deputies
As Sexuality Amendment Surfaces," Diocese of Southwest Florida
Summer 2000. Jim DeLa reports on Crew's attempt to amend A052 (ENS)
- "'Beauty', spirituality and India make up next week's Spectrum 6
fare," Stabroek News [Guyana]] June 12, 2010 in The Scene. Report
that Not That Kind of Christian will be part of film festival and shown on June
- "Beginnings of Integrity," Integrity News and Notes
Summer 1989: 4-6. By Robert F. Diehm. Reflects on Crew's part
- "Benefits Await Court Ruling," Daily Targum 2/21/97:
1, 4. Christopher Carbone reports Appeals Court Hearing on benefits suit in
which Crew is a complainant
- "Benefits Battle," Trentonian 2/21/97: 18. Associated
Press coverage of NJ Court of Appeals hearing on benefits case in which Crew is
one of the complainants
- "Best way to find out about new research on issue of
sexuality," Chronicle of Higher Education 45.23 (April 23, 1999):
A16. Promotes Crew's E-Directory of Lesbigay Scholars
- "Beyond Bishops," Witness General Convention
Supplement 1994: 37. Louie Crew is chosen as one of 20 laypeople whom members
of the Consultation feel should be inducted into a bishops' hall of fame
- "Bishop Beckham Countermands General Convention," Parsonage
News 8.11 (November 1989): 1-2. Weston Milliken reports Beckham's response
to Crew. See Witness 72.9 (September 1989)
- "Bishop Benitez's snub of leader not acceptable behavior to
God," Houston Post July 18, 1992. By Charles P. Thobae. Cites
flurry of correspondence The Bishop of Texas had with 'Lewie Crew, the founder
- "Bishop Coadjutor Consecrated in the Diocese of Newark,"
Living Church 217.24:6 (December 13, 1998). Notes that Crew, Bishop
Cathy Roskam, and the Rev. Fletcher Harper were the three preachers of the
sermon at the consecration
Lee's Choice," New York Times Magazine January 4, 2004 by Michael
Massing. Indicates that Crew says as many as 20% of the clergy in the Episcopal
Church are gay.
- "Bishop Revisits a 1977 Point of View," Voice of
Integrity Fall 1991: 28-29. The Rt. Rev. Bennet Sims, retired Bishop of
Atlanta, repents of his abuse of Louie Crew
- "Bishop Righter to Be Tried for Heresy," The Voice
September 1995: 2, 9. Discusses revelation to Louie Crew by Bp. Salmon of South
Carolina that he knowingly scape-goated lesbians and gays in agreeing to the
- "Bishop Swing: We've Gone about as Far as We Can Go!,"
Voice of Integrity 4.1 (Winter 1994): 42-43. Includes `Dr. Crew
Responds:', a copy of Crew's letter to the Bishop of California, Oct. 18, 1993
- "Bishop Urges Gays to 'Hang In There'," Baltimore
Alternative August 1992: 39. Kim Byham reports Crew's involvement with
the visit of the Presiding Bishop to the Integrity Convention
- "'Bishop-bashers' push for accountability," Witness
79.11 (November 1996): 27. Katie Sherod's account of the Rio Grande conference
in October, at which I was a keynote. See also EIN News
- "Bishop's Cross," Voice 48.2 (March 2000): 3. By Lisa
Green. Reports Louie Crew as the recipient of the Bishop's Cross from Rt. Rev.
John Shelby Spong, the highest honor in the Diocese of Newark
- "Bivins Comments," Macon Courier Wednesday, April 28,
1976. Bivins, a member of the Concerned Citizens League on Public Awareness,
writes about attacks on Crew by Crew's parish in Ft. Valley, GA
- "Blacks, Gay, Whites: Common Fiction?," Our Horizons
1.7 (December 9, 1981): 1-2. Reports Crew's keynote address at the 1st
anniversary of BWMT/Milwaukee (Nov. 21, 1981)
- "Blessed are they who have not seen gay Africans,"
Wellspring 3:3 (September 2001): 5. The Rev. Canon Elizabeth Kaeton
reports Sybille Ng Nyeck's visit, with a photograph of Nyeck and Crew
- "Bloggers Keep the Faith, Contentiously," USA Today . November 27,
2007. Cathy Lynn Grossman includes Louie Crew's Natter/Blog as one of 2
Episcopal blogspots in her ecumenical report
- "Blurb for Cantonese, Vers. 2," Alhuda Computer Labs
From 1987 Distributed on disk
- "Blurb for Muses," Earthlink 49 (1987): n.p. Edited
by Dale Louceras
- "Blurb for Muses," Literary Markets March-April 1987:
4. By Bill Marles
- "Bonfire of Sexualities, Part 1," Christian Challenge
September/October 2002. By Auburn V.F. Traycik With David W. Virtue. Quotes
Crew, `if, after a positive witness, only a few dioceses [were] holding out 25
years later, yes, I would approve a canon that required them to allow
- "Book of Revelations," Different Light Review 2.3
(Fall/Winter 1991): 23. Reviewer's blurb for Crew's new book
- "Book of Revelations," Good Reads . Spring 1992.
Barbara Gittings lists Crew's book in her 2-page selection of books on the
- "Book of Revelations by US," Integrity/Charlotte
November 1991: 11-12. Reprinted from Marginal Notes. A review of Crew's new
- "A Book of Revelations by Us," Marginal Notes October
1991: 7. An unsigned review
- "Book of Revelations by US!," Outlook July/August
1991: 5-6. A Review by Chris Hansen
- "A Book of Revelations: A Reader's Study Guide,"
Integrity 1993. By Brooke Bushong. 6 pp. to accompany Crew's book
- "Book Review: English as a Discipline, or Is there a Plot in this
Play," College English 5:59 (October 1997): 692-699. Sidney I.
Dobrin reviews the book, including Crew's chapter
- "Boxers: A Satirical Essay," Internet Lists by David
Virtue, circulated on January 15, 1999 as an attack on Crew and his conservative
friend The Rev. John Donnelly
- "Bringing Public Schools Into the High-Tech Era," South
China Morning Post April 1987: 4. By Claudia Nalven. Quotes Crew
extensively about faculty illiteracy
- "Bronze Award in `Religion and Ethics'," Worldfest
Houston 2007 award in the film festival for `Not That Kind of Christian,'
starring Louie Crew, Ernest Clay, Bishop Spong, Bishop Robinson, David Virtue et
- "Browning Blesses Integrity," United Voice 5.3
(September 1992): 1-3. By Doug LeBlanc, who quotes Crew on his perspective of
the Presiding Bishop's visit to Integrity's national convention
- "Build up, build up, prepare the way," St. Peter's
Episcopal Church Post GC 2000. The Reverend Greg Rickel quotes Louie
Crew's counsel going into GC sent to all bishops and deputies
- "Burning Issue: To Tell or Not to Tell," Voice of
Integrity 8.1 (Winter 1998): 16-21. Dr. Ann Carlson reports on the Burning
Issues Conference of the Diocese of Virginia, where Crew was one of four major
- "By the Numbers," Living Church November 28, 1993: 4.
Louie Crew's letter responding to quotation of Bishop Swing [TLC, Nov. 7]
regarding current status of lbg issues in the Episcopal Church
- "Candidates for Diocesan Office," Voice 38.1 (January
1990): pages S1-S4. Crew's candidacy to be diocesan Deputy to General
- "Candidates for General Convention Deputies," Voice
41.1 (January/February 1993): S1-S4. Regarding 119th Annual Convention of the
Diocese of Newark. Crew ran for Deputy to General Convention
- "Carey 'Problem' Over Gays," Guardian [U.K.] May 23,
1991: 3. Quotes Crew's correspondence with the new Archbishop of Canterbury
- "Carey tells lay leaders they must be prophetic witness in the
world," Episcopal News Service September 16, 1992. James Solheim
quotes the Archbishop of Canterbury's response to a question from Crew at a lay
- "Carter Heyward Joins Protest," Voice of Integrity 1.1
(Spring 1991): 21. Heyward's letter to the Presiding Bishop and to the Bishop
of Newark, supporting Crew's spiritual fast from Holy Communion
- "Cast of Characters Countdown: Louie Clay (Crew)," Spirit of a Liberal
In his blog, RW Holmen reports on the characters in his forthcoming book,
Queer Clergy. From November 15, 2013.
Celebration for a Quean," Telling Secrets The Rev. Dr. Elizabeth
Kaeton reports on an Oasis dinner to honor Crew
- "Celebration of the Life of The Rt. Rev. Bennett J. Sims,"
Church of the Redeemer, Baltimore August 5, 2006. Crew is listed as the
lector of the first lesson at the memorial service, page 2
- "Celebrations: Crew/Clay Wedding,"
The Anniston Star in Life/Arts section on November 10, 2013
- "Changing Perceptions of Gender," Minnesota Daily
October 14, 1985. Review of James White Review by Donald Hutera. 'Louie Crew's
THIS BOY demonstrates that it's possible to be as sexy in three lines as you can
be in 300
- "Changing the Dictionary," Advocate 250 (1978). Re.
Crew's success in persuading Webster's New World Dictionary to withdraw slang
label to the word 'gay'
- "Chapter One - Louie Crew & Founding Integrity," Theology and Ethics:
TEC History in relation to LGBT Debate by the Rev. Dr. Andrew J. Goddard.
- "Chicago Dynamic," Our Horizon Nov. 5, 1981: 7.
Michael S. Lisowski reports Louie Crew's presentation at Oasis Center Conference
in Chicago on October 23-25, 1981
- "Children Take the Stage in Same-Sex Marriage Push," New
York Times Thursday, January 21, 2010, page E6. Crew appears in a picture
of the NJ State Senate hearing on same sex marriages
- "China's 100 Million Gays Live Quiet But Open Lives,"
Wisconsin Light February 12, 1988 through March 10, 1988. Pages 1, 15.
By interviewer Terry Boughner. [Crew protested distortions.]
- "Christians Should Be Remembering Persons,"
Episcopalian 149.2 (1984) 14. Crew's transcript of sermon by Archbishop
- "Christians Should Be Remembering Persons," Thursday-People
News 196 (1984): 5-6. Crew's transcript of sermon by Archbishop of
- "Church Board Asks Gay Man to Leave," Macon Telegraph
Sunday, April 17, 1994: 1E-2E. Reporter Sally Sherer looks back to week of
April 17-23, 1976 when the paper reported actions of Crew's parish in Ft.
Valley, Georgia to have him `find some other place of worship'
- "Church Has Also Experienced Evolution: Can Anyone Withhold Marriage
from Those Who Have Received the Holy Spirit Just As We Have?," The
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette By The Rev. Lowell Grisham, May 20, 2012.
Mentions the Clay/Crew marriage as bearing the fruits of the spirit
again, wrestle with gay debates," USA Today By Jeff Diamant, RNS.
Describes Crew's reactions at 2003 vote to consent to Gene Robinson at Bishop of
New Hampshire. 8/8/09
Church's Consultation on Human Sexuality in Brazil," Voice of
Integrity Winter-Spring, 2002. 5-6. Reported by The Rev. Mario Ribas and
Mrs. C. Winnischoffer, co-coordinators of the Consultation. Crew was a
- "Claiming the Blessing: L. William Countryman's Closing
Address," Every Voice Network from November 13, 2002. Cites Crew as
a model for speaking w/ love even when not treated that way
- "Co-Convenor's Corner," Marginal Notes Spring-Summer
2002: 3. Reports Louie Crew's visit to San Antonio and shows two photographs
of him with chapter members of Integrity
- "'Come a Long Way' or not?," Women's Caucus Newsletter,
Diocese of Michigan September 1998. np. Bonnie Anderson cites Crew's
'Female Priests in the Episcopal Church'
- "Come Join Us: Not That Kind of Christian," The
Breckenride Film Fesitval: The World's Highest Film Fest A flier for the
festival, June 7-10, 2007
- "Comments by David Virtue," Anglican Communion in New
Westminster December 2002. Proclaims `Look what one sexual revisionist man
- Louie Crew - has done over 35 years in ECUSA'
- "Committee Appointments Promised Integrity Members," Living
Church August 15, 1993: 7. Pam Chinnis, President of the House of
Deputies, promises roles at the next General Convention. Bushong receives the
Louie Crew award
- "Communion in Conflict," Marginal Notes February 1991:
7-11. by Grant Gallup. Reprinted from The Witness. On Crew's spiritual fast
- "Communion in Conflict," Witness 74.1 (January 1991):
14-16. by Grant Gallup. On Crew's spiritual fast
- "Complacent Carey Cops Out," Pink Paper Issue 177
(Week Ending June 1, 1991). Cites Crew's exchange of letters with the new
Archbishop of Canterbury
- "CompuCrew," Ganymedia 89-3 (May-June 1989): 6.
Discusses Crew's reputation as a computer programmer, on CompuServe
- "Computer Program to Manage the Circulation of Manuscripts,"
College English 50.2 (1988): 221. An announcement for Muses
- "Computer Programs Available," Writing Lab Newsletter
May 1987: 5. Ed. Muriel Harris. Notice for Styled and Styllist
- "Computer Records," Writers On Writing 1.20 (1987): 4.
Review of Crew's Muses. By Richard Hayton, Editor
- "Computer Revolution is Over and the Computers Won,"
Foglight 5.9 (June 1989): 1, 24-25. David Brown praises Crew & other
'software authors outside the commercial mainstream [for] some of the more
- "Computer Shareware Available from Louie Crew," A. F. A.
Affairs 2.1 (Third Quarter 1988): 9. Official newsletter of the
Association for Authors, Inc.
- "Computer Software for Job Candidates and Hiring Departments,"
MLA Job Information List June 1987: 3. Reviews Hire & Apply
- "Computer Talk," Feminist Collections 13.2 (Winter
1992): 23. Notes Crew's E-Directory of Lesbigay Scholars
- "Connections for the Cyber-Privileged," Sound Spirit
January-February 1994: 4. Promotes Louie Crew's Electronic Catacomb for
- "Conservatives get over women, not
gays," Every Voice Network . Issue no. 1. By Kevin Jones, who
reports Crew's question whether liberals may be in solidarity with conservatives
re: mission. From 12/15/02
- "Convenor's Corner," On the Bluff [Integrity/Memphis]
Epiphany (February 2003): 1-2. A tribute to Louie Crew in response to his
November 2002 workshop at Claiming the Blessing
- "Convention Moment: Louie Crew offers refreshments to guests at
the Integrity meeting," Ruach 21.3 (Fall 2000): 47. Katie
Sherrod's photograph of Crew
- "Convention: Excellence in Ministry," Voice 40.2
(March 1992): 4. Reports Louie Crew's winning The Bishop's Outstanding Service
Award in the Diocese of Newark
- "Cool Electronic Casas," Una Telarana de Word Weavers
#5, 1996: 5. Reviews Crew's E-Directory of Lesbigay Scholars
- "COS Reads: 101 Reasons to be an Episcopalian," Church of Our
Saviour, Arlington Massachusetts Favorably review's Crew's book
- "Covenant Recommends," Covenant #9 (September 2000):9.
This commentary on the [Episcopal] Church quotes Crew in recommending the Assay
of Ephraim Radner on Crew's website. Radner makes a strong appeal for other
conservatives not to leave ECUSA.
- "Creating a Computer-Supported Writing Facility," ACE
Newsletter 7.1 (Spring 1991): 4. By George 'Goran' Moberg. Says Styled
more helpful for my own writing than Grammatik or any other big commercial one'
- "Crew and Larom," Timelines: The Newsletter of the
Episcopal Women's History Project Fall 2005: 3. Reports Crew's
presentation at the Dallas meeting in September 2005. See also his picture on
- "Crew Generations," Privately Printed by Erman Louie
Crew, Sr. [L.C.'s father] Originally published in 1980 and circulated to family
members. Updated in 1991 by Keith Hinson, 1328 Monticello, Birmingham, AL 35210
- "Crew in Beijing," Gay Studies Newsletter 10.3
(1983):9. Reported by Michael Lynch
- "Crew Protests Anti-Gay Abuse at the University of Wisconsin,"
Gay Life [Chicago] November 18, 1982: 1. By Karlis Streips
- "Crew Running for Presidency of House of Deputies,"
Voice 51.5 (June 2003): 12. By Laura Russell
- "Crew Speaks to Integrity/Virginia," Virginia
Episcopalian 108.1 (September 1999): 4. Editor Patrick Getlein reports
Crew's July address to the chapter
- "Crew, Louie (Li Min Hua)," Who'sWho in American
Education 8th Edition (2007-2008)
Louie, 1936-," Labadie Collection of the University of Michigan
Catalog blurb on Crew, current in 2008
- "Crew, Louie: A Book of Revelations," New Publications by
Newark Campus Faculty: Rutgers University . John Cotton Dana Library
Rutgers University Libraries. A brochure. March 12, 1992
- "Crew's e-efforts a plethora of dats and stats," Convention
Daily July 14, 2000: 1, 3. Dale Gruner writes about Crew's data
contributions to General Convention
- "Critics call Episcopal document 'Catholic and fundamentalist
bashing'," UPI January 26, 1991. Cites Crew on the Diocese of
Newark's Task Force on Episcopal Identity
- "Crowded Integrity Eucharist `Moving, sincere'," Convention
Daily August 1, 2003. Michelle Gabriel quotes Crew as saying that the
Integrity Eucharist at GC 2003 was 'just another typical serivce in the gay
Episcopal Church.... It is about blessing the entire church'
- "Crowded Integrity Eucharist is `moving, sincere',"
Soundings [Diocese of Minnesota] 25.4 (October 2003): 12. Quotes
Crew: 'There's nothing worse than not being able to bless.'
- "Crusader Not Slowed By Success," South Florida
Sun-Sentinel August 18, 2001: 1D, 8D. James D. Davis, religion editor,
reports on Crew's forthcoming visit to All Saints, Ft. Lauderdale
- "Cursillo Gets Some Integrity," Voice of Integrity 2.1
(Summer 1991): 8. By Kim Byham, based on reports by Louie Crew, Norman Mol and
- "Dallas Dean Charges Crew with Sabotaging 20/20 Initiative to Double Church Size:
Activist Homosexual Layman and Integrity founder denies charges," Virtue
Online From October 12, 2010
- "Day 5 [of General Convention 2015 in Salt Lake City],"
Blog of the Episcopal Diocese of Lexington from 6/22/2015. Notes
'President of the House of Deputies Gay Jennings presented a House of Deputies
Medal to Louie Crew Clay for his courageous and groundbreaking work as the
Founder of Integrity, and his leadership of the Church in the area of
technology. The large crowd was on its feet for a lengthy standing ovation for a
Clay, who briefly addressed the worshippers, reminding them that the greatest
thing IS love, and to continue doing the work still before us,'
- "Day After: A Time of Singing," Voice 46.6 (September
1998): 8. Johanna Young reports diocesan poetry event of June 7, 1998,
organized by Young and Crew
- "Day of Prayer: Loss and Mourning," Episcopal News Service
(ENS) release 2001-246 on 09/12/01. Mary Trainor, Robert Williams, and Pat
McCaughan review responses to the destruction of the World Trade Center,
including Crew's comments live to McCaughan while watching the collapse from his
- "Dead Cat Drifting," CLAC 11 (Winter 1984), 2 ff.
James Sledd reports on CCCC's attempt to gut Students' Right to Their Own
Language and praises Crew for blocking the efforts as a member of the Committee
charged to do the dirty work
- "Dean Werner Re-Elected as President of the House of
Deputies," Voice 51.6 (September 2003): 5. By The Rev. Elizabeth
Kaeton. Quotes Crew, who lost by 559-263, 'one way to strengthen the democratic
process is to actually use it' and notes Crew had the support of all social
- "Dean Werner Will Face Challenger for Presidency of House of
Deputies," Living Church 236.14 (April 6, 2003): 11. Reports Louie
- "Dear Ernest and Louie," Integrity Vancouver Newsletter
December 1994: 8. Reprints letter of Presiding Bishop Edmond Browning to
Louie Crew & Ernest Clay with belated best wishes for their 20th anniversary
(Feb. 2, 1974)
- "Dear Ernest and Louie," Outlook April-May 1994: 8.
Letter to Ernest and Louie Clay-Crew from Most Rev. Edmond Browning, the
Presiding Bishop, expressing his good wishes on their celebration of 20 years
- "Dear Friend," Outlook February-March 1993: 13. Rt.
Rev. Otis Charles, Dean of Episcopal Divinity School, writes his fund-raising
letter for the 'Louie Crew Scholarship Fund,' dated January 28, 1993
- "Debate Highlights Homosexual Issues," Virginia
Churchman April 1979: 2. By David Virtue. On Crew's debate with Prof. D.
A. Scott at Virginia Seminary
- "The Dedication of All Saints' Chapel," Diocese of
Newark May 31, 1997. Bulletin listing among others Louie and Ernest
Clay-Crew as 'honored in this chapel and sacristy'
- "Def Poetry
Slam," Telling Secrets Elizabeth Kaeton reports from General
Convention in Anaheim, July 13, 2009. Pictures of Crew and the other poets.
- "Defense of the 'Students' Right'," College English
45.7 (1983):667-675. By James Sledd. Refers in first footnote and in text to
Crew's alert as a member of a CCCC committee on language policy
- "Denial of Women's Ordination Follows 'Trail of Tears',"
Stevens Point (Wis.) Journal Friday, July 16, 1982: 8. Debbie Bradley
reports on presence of The Rev. Anne C. Garrison, in town as disturbing
houseguest of Clay and Crew, in whose home she celebrated a community house mass
- "Departing Friend," SEAnet News June 1987: 3. Waleed
Hanafi, SEAnet chair, laments Crew's imminent return to the USA
- "Description of Apply and Hire," Public (software)
Library July 1987: 6
- "Description of Cantonese, Crew's software," Public
(software) Library April 1987. Page 7. Review by Nelson Ford
- "The Developing Schism Within The Episcopal Church (1960-2010):
Social Justice, Ordination of Women, Charismatics, Homosexuality,
Extra-Territorial Bishops, Etc.," Edwin Mellen Press 2011. By Nancy
Carol James. Cites Crew on founding of Integrity in 1974
- "Dignity and Integrity Cruise on the Information
Superhighway," Identity Summer 1994: 6. Peter Hoff describes
Crew's E-Catacomb of Lesbigay Christians
of human sexuality will again occupy debate at General Convention,"
Episcopallife Online Mary Frances Schjonberg quotes Louie Crew
- "Document Doctors," PLS News (July, 1989): 1-2.
Editor Nelson Ford reviews several style-checkers, including STYLED
- "Documentaires du monde," Cinefest Sudbury 2007 Film
Schedule . Lists 'Not That Kind of Christian!'
- "Documentary Films to Screen at 2007 Festival," Sudbury
[Ontario, Canada] Film Festival , Juy 26, 2007. Announces 'Not That Kind of
- "Don't leave intellect at door of this church," Knoxville
News-Sentinel April 21, 2003. David Hunter reviews Crew's 101 Reasons
- "Dr. Crew Part of Major Lawsuit*," Voice of Integrity
4.1 (Winter 1994): 23. Suit to End Denial of Partner Health Benefits by
- "Dr. Crew to Receive Episcopal Church Publishing Co. Award,"
Making Waves 1.5 (Aug-Sept. 1994): 1. Reports Crew and the Vida Scudder
- "Dr. Louie Crew," Dallas Voice 9.3 (May 15, 1992):
29. Announces Crew's speaking at Integrity/Dallas for annual banquet and a
Eucharist for St. Thomas's Church
- "Dr. Louie
Crew," Federal Bureau of Investigation FBI letter to Crew dated
March 10, 1976, in response to Crew's request under Freedom of Information Act
for any FBI records on Louie Crew
- "Dr. Louie
Crew Bio," Integrity from August 20, 2011.
- "Dr. Louie Crew Challenge Grant," Episcopal Divinity School
1994-95 Annual Report : 13. Lists several dozen new contributors to the
scholarship fund named for Louie Crew
- "Dr. Louie Crew on a national tour...as he prepares to retire from
public life," Integrity Rev. Dr. Caroline Hall, President, in her
July 28, 2011 fund-raising correspondence
- "Dr. Louie Crew, Founder of Integrity, to speak in Fort Worth,"
- "Dragon Disks," New Hope International Review 15.2
(Summer 1991): 34. Editor Gerald England evaluates Crew's Muses and his 4
Programs for Writers
- "Dylan & Karen's Holy Union," Voice of Integrity 13.1
(Winter/Spring 2004): 19. Louie Crew pictured with Dylan Breuer and Karen Keely
after their holy union
- "Early Days in Integrity," Integrity News and Notes
Summer 1989: 3. By Elizabeth P. Hess. Reflects on Crew's part
- "Earnest Pursuit of the Truth," Living Church 221.4
(July 23, 2000): 17. John D. Lane quotes Crew's observation about lbgs as the
canary in the coalmine, as appeared in the GC issue of the Witness
- "Easter Letter," St. Paul's Church, Orangeburg (March
21, 1989). Father Carlisle Ramcharan re-tells Leggs Story as I told it to him
- "ECPC [Episcopal Church Publishing Company] Awards,"
Witness 77.10 (October 1994): 26-28. Jeannie Wylie-Kellerman's article
on the awards banquet at General Convention, with a photograph of Crew with his
spouse Ernest Clay, plus sentences from the remarks of Rt. Rev. Chester Talton,
suffragan of Los Angeles
- "Editor's Note," Lesbian and Gay Studies Newsletter
19.2 (July 1992): 3. Alerts readers to inquire about Crew's lesbigay software.
Also notes the E-Directory of Lesbigay Scholars
- "Editor's Notes: My Chinese Ventures Romancing the Stone Drums, A
National Treasure of China," Stone Drum Vol 1. No. 5. Spring 1987.
Pages 3-4. By Joseph Colin Murphey. Acknowledges Crew's help in research
- "Eleanor," Out! June 1983. Account of Barbara
Lightner and Crew as the founders of the Eleanor Roosevelt PAC
- "Electronic Catacomb," Integrator 93-7 (1993.11.01):
6. By Chris Ambidge. On LUTI, Crew's electronic catacomb for lesbigay
- "Electronic Directory," Integrity Heartland Voice May
1992: 6. Promotes Crew's E-Directory of Lesbigay Christians
- "Electronic Mall Call," Voice of Integrity 2.2 (Spring
1992): 13. Promotes Crew's E-Directory of Lesgay Christians
- "E-Mail Directory for Gay/Lesbian Christians," Second
Stone Issue 19 (November-December 1991): 19. About Louie Crew's
Anglicans look to U.S. gathering for signs of calm or confrontation," USA
Today Brian Murphy (Associated Press) cites Crew's comment 'We're seeing
very little compassion from people who claim to be compassionate' 6/8/06
- "Emerging Symbols in Gay Art," Gay Community News
December 27, 1975: 11. By James Saslow. Reviews Crew's painting 'At Home'
- "Empower Moves," Star-Ledger [Newark, NJ] Saturday,
November 7, 1992. Promotes Crew's 'Education to Empower People at the Margins'
at Distinguished Lecture at Mercer College in Trenton on Tuesday, November 10,
Endarkenment," by John Becker. Saturday, June 14, 2008
- "English Department Implements Writing Across the Curriculum,"
Pointer 24.10 (1988):38-39
- "English in America Updated: An Interview with Richard
Ohmann," Minnesota Review n.s. 45-46 (1995-96). Ohmann describes
the flack he took for allowing Rictor Norton and me to edit the special 1974
issue of College English.
- "EPF at GC," Episcopal Peace Fellowship Mailing to EPF
membership dated 7/9/2012. Provides a picture collage of Louie Crew accepting
the 2012 Nevin Sayre Award, et al.
- "Episcopal Resolution on Homosexuality Offers an Uncertain
View," New York Times July 19, 1991. Quotes Crew on the compromise
vote at General Convention
- "Episcopal bishop tells gays, lesbians not to lose hope,"
Houston Post July 12, 1992: A-30. By Steve Brunsman. Quotes Crew in
article on Presiding Bishop Edmond Browning's visit to the Integrity Convention
- "Episcopal Church Begins Study of Union Blessings," Second
Stone Issue #36 (September/October 1994): 1-10. Kim Byham reports on
Integrity's presence at the General Convention, including Crew's sermon.
Includes picture of Crew with Rt. Rev. Otis Charles, the church's first openly
- "Episcopal Church Prepares For Gay Showdown," AP Story
by Brian Murphy, June 7, 2006.
- "Episcopal Church Publishing Company Awards for 1994 in
Indianapolis," Witness 1994 General Convention Supplement (August
1994): 39. Names Crew as winner of the Vida Scudder Award; includes his picture
- "Episcopal Divinity School," Walking With Integrity
1.2 (May 1992): 33. Announces the 'Dr. Louie Crew Scholarship Fund' of the
Episcopal Divinity School
- "Episcopal General Convention Set to Endorse 58 New Sexualities,"
Virtuosity From 2/28/14. A satirical essay, posing as Clay calling for
even more inclusion in the Episcopal Church
- "Episcopal Group
Ponders Split," Los Angeles Times Oct. 8, 2003 by Larry B. Stammer.
- "Episcopal Info Network vs. Apathy," RUACH 17.3 (EWC's
25th Anniversary Issue, 1996): 18-19, 23. Katie Sherrod reports on in Info
Conference at Albuquerque, NM in October 1996, specifically describing Crew's
- "Episcopal Liberals Rip Anglican Primates over Covenant ," VirtueOnline
From 11/16/2010. Responds to Crew's suggestion that perhaps the Anglican
Primates meeting should disband
- "Episcopal Pastor Rebukes Diocese," Washington Times
Monday, March 1, 2004. Purports to report the debate in which Crew was a
presenter at Calvary, Washington/DC, but actually reports the host rector's
attacks on the Episcopal Church
- "Episcopalians Approve Local Option on Same-Sex Unions,"
New York Times Friday, August 8, 2003, A10. Pictures Crew in line-up to
speak at General Convention
- "Episcopalians Compromise on gay ordination," Saint Paul
Pioneer Press July 20, 1991. Quotes Louie Crew regarding the General
Convention, via NY Times
- "Episcopalians grapple on Web," Washington Times
January 5, 2003. Julia Duin describes Crew as 'the church's leading liberal
- "Episcopalians Join in Abortion Rights March," Living
Church 228.20 (May 16, 2004): 8. Notes Crew's participatioin
- "Episcopalians remain divided before vote," USA Today By Cathy Lynn Grossman.
Cites Crew's interviews with all of the nominees for Presiding Bishop, 6/17/06
- "Episcopalians Struggle Against Schism in Their Church,"
Voice 48.4 (May 2000): 1, 8. Christopher David reports the Short Hills
meeting of the New Commandment Task Force, of which Crew is co-chair
- "Episcopalians to Install First Gay Bishop," Guardian
November 2, 2003. 'Mr Crew predicts thousands of homosexuals and open-minded
heterosexuals will flow into the denomination'
- "Erman L. (Louie) Crew, Jr," Baylor Line 1989: 40.
Annouces Crew's appointment at Rutgers, under class of 1958, and notes that he
his the 'founder of Integrity, an international organization for gay
- "Ernest and
Louie," Louie Crew's website and his Facebook Page as portrayed by
the artist Mischa Poseidon
- "Eschewing," Comp Post October 1989: 3. Crew relays
the obfuscating vocabulary Carlisle Ramcharan recalled from growing up in
- "Evangelizing Lesgays of This Decade," Voice of
Integrity 1.1 (Spring 1991): 13. By Chris Ambridge. Acknowledges Crew as
the one who coined the term lesgay
- "Events Honor Life of Martyr," Montgomery Advertiser
August 13, 2004. By Jannell McGrew. Mentions Crew's participation and a
reception to honor him after the march to remember martyr Jonathan Daniels.
- "Excellence the Rule and Dedication," Time to Remember
. By William Amos. St. Andrew's School, Middletown, Delaware, 1997. This
chapter evaluates Crew's performance as a boarding school teacher there,
1962-65. Page 194
- "Exchange," Writers Connection September 1987: Page
12. By Jan Stiles. Describes Muses
- "Exciting Guest Preacher This Sunday," St. Thomas' Parish
Newsletter, Washington, DC Week leading up to March 11, 2007
- "Exploring Homosexual Issue," Texas Churchman 80.7
(1977): 12. By John Price. On Crew's 1977 visit
- "Facts/Commentary: You & Me: Who's an Episcopalian,"
Episcopal News [Diocese of Los Angeles] General Convention Recap 2003:
11. Malcolm Boyd reviews 101 Reasons to Be Episcopalian
- "Faculty Notes," Faculty of Arts & Sciences/Newark
Newsletter 1.3 (April/May 199): 4. Reports that Louie Crew will receive
the Doctor of Divinity Degree fro mthe Episcopal Divinity School on May 27,
1999. Also reports his publication in Gospel Opportunity
- "Faith and Futility," Foundations November/December
1997: 10, 12. The Rev. Elijah White reports on the 'Burning Issues Conference'
of the Diocese of Virginia including Crew's participation as one of the 4
- "Faith and Futility," Foundations Magazine
November-December 1997: 10, 12. The Rev. Elijah White reports on the Burning
Issues Conference of the Diocese of Virginia, at which Crew was one of four
- "Faith Will Tear Us Apart," First Kathmandu International
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Film Festival . Summer 2007. A
detailed description of `Not That Kind of Christian,' an 80-minute film
featuring Louie Crew, Ernest Clay, Bishop Gene Robinson, et al. Pages 7-8.
- "Faith, Hope, and Parity," Change Magazine 11.7
(1979):10-13. By Pat Watters. Reviews Crew's critique of Georgia's testing
- "Featured Text Blessings," IntegrityUsa.Org from December 2009. David
Norgard, new Integrity President, describes meeting Crew 30 years earlier and
deciding to live openly Gay and Christian
- "February 1988 Additions Disk #6," Public (software)
Library Newsletter February, 1988: 19. Notice of Poetease (1.0).
- "Figures Don't Always Add Up for the Teachers," South China
Morning Post April 14, 1987: 4. By Claudia Nalven. Discusses Crew's Styled
and his views about educational software.
Enlighten with Individual Stories," Summit Daily News [Summit County,
Colorado] Friday, June 8, 2007, Page B4. Leslie Frefeld reviews `Not That
Kind of Christian,' a film in the Breckenridge Film Festival, featuring Louie
Crew, Ernest Clay, et al.
- "Films and Programs at the Video Library 2007," Montreal's
World Film Festival . Lists 'Not That Kind of Christian!!'
- "Films Cover Gamut
of Spirituality," Idaho Mountain Express September 12, 2007. Lists
'Not That Kind of Christian'
- "The Films in the Sun Valley
Festival," Times-News [Idaho] Lists 'Not That Kind of Christian' for
viewing on September 15, 2007
- "Finding Our Voice," Voice of Integrity Winter 1992:
24-26. Carter Heyward's Sermon at the Ordination of Barry Stopfel. Quotes
Crew's 'Found on Cinder No. 3' as the 'voice of our gay brother Louie Crew, a
saint among us'
- "First Annual EIN Gathering," Network News 3:4
(October 1996): 3-4. Katie Sherrod reports on in Info Conference at
Albuquerque, NM in October 1996, specifically describing Crew's presentation.
See also RAUCH for same month
- "Five Rutgers Faculty Sue State on Spousal Benefits," News
Jersey December 1993: 1. Reports join action in which Crew participated
- "Five Writing-Assistance Programs: A Review," Behavior
Research Methods, Instruments, & Computers 23.2 (1991): 292-295. Wm. Hayes,
James W. Cook and Carll Samberg praise Crew's Styled as better than Grammatik
III, et al.
- "FOG Member Library Notes," Foglight 2.5 (1987):25.
Jack Brown describes Crew's Muses, vers. 1.0, FOG-DOS Disks .035 and .036
- "FOG-DOS.229," Foglight 3.11 (1988). Listing for
Crew's shareware program Cantonese, version 2.0
- "Folks, with many interests, united in good feeling,"
Episcopal Life 8:8 (September 1997): 15. By Marie Panton. Includes
picture of Crew and quotes him, 'we can get on about the major issues of God's
love for everybody'
- "Food for Thought," Witness 66.10 (1983): 22. An
exchange between Powell and Gallup regarding Crew in the August issue
- "For Diocese, Picking Bishop Means Facing Diocesan Rift,"
New York Times Saturday, August 5, 2006 (NY/Region), 1-2. Pictures Crew
and quotes him on the increased percentage of giving in The Episcopal Church
- "Foreword," 101 Reasons to be Episcopalian . By
Phyllis Tickle. Book compiled by Louie Crew. Harrisburg, PA: Morehouse
Publishing, 2003. Pages v-vii
- "Foreword to Special Issue Displacing Homophobia," South
Atlantic Quarterly 88.1 (Winter 1989): 1-6. Ed. Ron Butters refers to
Crew's and Norton's 'Landmark Issue' of College English [November 1974]
- "Former Point resident to give reading from poetry,"
Stevens Point Journal Thu, Apr 4, 2002.
and Counting," Preludium The Rev. Mark Harris reflects on his 42
years as a priest. He sites Crew's note reminding him of that occasion.
- "Founder of Integrity Inspires CDSP Students,"
Crossings [CDSP] Summer/Fall 2004. Joyce Huyett Turner reports Louie
Crew's commencement address in May 2004. Crew also received the honorary Doctor
of Humane Letters degree
- "Founder of Integrity leads Sixth Annual Matthew Shepard Memorial
Sermon in Seattle -- speaks with SGN," Seattle Gay News (SGN)
October 13, 2006.
- "Four Bishops, Including First Woman, Nominated to Head Episcopal
Church," Religious News Service by Kevin Eckstrom, 1/26/2006.
Quotes Crew about Neil Alexander and about Katharine Jefferts-Schori
- "Four Diverse Voices Address the Sexuality Question,"
Virginia Episcopalian 106. 7 (January 1998): 1, 7. Sarah Bartenstein
reports Crew's participation in the Burning Issues Conference (with picture)
- "Fourth Day," Journal of General Convention 2000 : 455.
A deputy from the Diocese of Dallas apologizes for the salting of Crew et al on
July 7, 2000
- "Freeware by Louie Crew," Progressive Composition
March 1987. Reprint of Rochelle Ratner's review of Muses, from Coda
- "From Bishop Salmon's Journal," Jubilate Deo 98.90.
November 1991: 6. Notes Sept. 26th 'Dinner with Louie Crew'
- "From Chicago to San Francisco," Integrity/Vancouver
August-September 1992: 3. By Father Willard Rorke. Reprinted from November
1989. Recalls Crew's part in the first at the Integrity convention. Father
Rorke died December 5, 1990
- "from Dwight Anthony," Nevertheless 9.2 (Pentecost,
June 1, 1999): 4. Dwight Anthony quotes Louie Crew on Executive Council
resolution to defer controversial resolutions
- "From the Mailbag," Nevertheless 2.3 (St. Mary the
Virgin, 1992): 2. Father William Cavanaugh claims [Bishop] Ben Benitez is a
duffer compared with folks like Browning, Chinnis, Louie Crew et al
- "From the Rector," Apostle April 1997: 1. Stephen B.
Snider quotes Louie Crew's statistics on population distribution by ethnicity
- "From the Rector," The Word Summer 1989: 1-2. Fr.
Roger Ferlo critques Crew's views just before the Beijing massacre
- "Funds Sought to Facilitate Listening Process," Living
Church 10/11/2007. Steve Waring reports the appeal of Canon Brian Cox and
Louie Crew to raise funds to support the Listening Process of the Anglican
'The Banned'," Times [London] by Ruth Gledhill. Shows pictures of
eight progressives, including Crew, as distributed at Gafcon Conference altering
people to bann these people. Crew never intended to be there as was not
- "Gay Activist Won't Face Church Group," Atlanta
Constitution Tuesday, June 8, 1976. Alice Murray, Constitution Religion
Writer, reports that Crew will seek an attorney before he meets with Bishop
Sims, who has summoned him for discipline
- "Gay Bishop Consecration May Split Church," Guardian
[UK] by Richard N. Ostling, AP writer, from November 1, 2003
- "Gay Christians Gather Electronically for Prayer, Community,"
Our Paper/San Jose December 8, 1993: 9. An account of Crew's electronic
catacomb for lesbigay Christians
- "Gay Civil Rights, 1987," Southline [Atlanta] 3.19
(1987): 12ff. Quoted from Crew's 'Thriving' in the headline for the story.
Coverstory by Gary Kaupman.
- "Gay Episcopal Leader Set To Visit Wausau," Wausau Daily
Herald February 5, 2005, Page 3A
- "Gay Episcopal Pioneer to Preach at Trinity
Church," GayAsburyPark Week of July 27th 2004. Re: Crew's sermon at
two services on August 1.
- "Gay Faculty Challenges Rutgers," Star-Ledger 2/21/97:
22. Kathy Barrett Carter reports Court of Appeals hearing on benefits suit in
which Crew is part of a group action
- "Gay Guide to
Movies: Not That Kind of Christian," Gay.com 10/12/2007. A review
by Dylan Vox.
- "Gay Muslims Meet to Make History," Bay Area Reporter
June 11, 1999. Paul Harris reports the first North American Conference for Gay
Muslims and quotes Crew, who attended, in making the point that it is an
- "The Gay Nineties," Lambda Book Report Fall 1991.
N.p. Reviewed by Dale Reynolds Says that Crew's story in the anthology 'is to
- "The Gay Nineties: An Anthology of Contemporary Gay Fiction,"
Publishers Weekly April 12, 1991: 53. A review of the anthology,
described as 'Ben's Eyes,' 'the most convincing, though sentimental, coming
- "Gay Pride Events," Atlanta Journal-Constitution Home
Edition. Page 30 for June 26, 2003 Notes that Crew will be the preacher at a
Pride Eucharist at All Saints in Atlanta
- "Gay Professor at UWSP Files Discrimination Charges [at American
University]," Daily Cardinal [UW/Madison]81.38 (1979). By Leslie
- "Gay Rights Pioneer Preaches Forgiveness at St.
George’s Church," All That's Necessary From June 10, 2012 on Kirk
Petersen's blog, a response to Crew's sermon on the same date at St. George's in
- "Gay Scholarship," Church of England Newspaper August,
1993: 10. Reports EDS scholarship `in honour of the late Louie Crew, founder of
Integrity, the Episcopal Church's homosexual advocacy group.' This report is
- "Gay-Bias Suit Heard," Home News & Tribune 2/21/97:
1-2. Leo Reisberg reports Court of Appeals hearing on benefits case in which
Crew is one of the complainants
- "Gays and Lesbians Promised Role at Convention," Episcopal
Life 4.8 (August 8, 1993): 2. By Bob Williams. Reports deputy Crew's
comments on the next General Convention in context of Pres. Pam Chinnis's
remarks to Integrity Convention
- "Gays and the Church," Anniston Star January 13, 1990:
1C. By Gwen Coley. Quotes from interview with Louie Crew
- "Gays, lesbians seek benefits for partners,"
Courier-News 2/21/97: 2. Associate Press report of NJ Court of Appeals
hearing on benefits case in which Crew is one of the complainants
- "General Convention Set to Endorse 58 New
Sexualities," Before It's News March 1. David Virtue's satire
creates a resolution offering (Heinz) 58th versions of sexuality for approval
and attributes Louie Crew Clay as the author of the resolution.
- "General Scenes," General Seminary News Summer 2003:
13. Louie Crew pictured with four others recipients of the Doctor of Divinity
Degree; also with Dean Ewing
- "Georgia Basic Skills Examination," SLATE 3.6
(1978):1. Reviews Crew's opposition
and Ancestors," Telling Secrets Blogspot July 2, 2015, The Rev.
Elizabeth Kaeton reflects on many of those who led to marriage equality in The
Episcopal Church. including Louie Clay Crew
- "God Calls Us Forward, Bishop
Robinson Says at Integrity Eucharist," ENS Press release dated July
10, 2012 by Sharon Sheridan. Reports Crew's receipt of Integrity's 'President's
- "Gospel at Two Levels: The Cosmic and the Personal," St.
Peter's Church, Rome Georgia The Rev. Greg Tallant's sermon for August 28,
2011, Proper 17a. On pages 7-8 the sermon concludes with a long quotation from
Crew's 'Queer Eye for the Lectionary' for this proper (posted 8/21/2008)
- "Great News!," Outlook April 1993: 13. Reports
election of Louie Crew as a Newark Deputy to the 1994 General Convention
- "Great Software Tools for Writers," Home Office
Computing 8.11 (November 1990): 48-50. Linda Stern praises Crew's Muses
and 4 Programs for Writers, among several software packages for writers
- "Greetings from the Schochet Center for GLBT Studies! The
Reincarnation of 'Louie's List'," Journal of Homosexuality 42.3
(2002): 155-156. By Linnea A. Stenson at University of Minnesota, successor to
list creator Louie Crew
- "'Growing Up Gay in Dixie': A Professor's Story,"
Observer 64.9 (Tuesday November 16, 1999): 2, 10. Federica Riccobene
writes a feature article on Louie Crew for the Rutgers/Newark campus newspaper
- "Growing Up Southern, White, Gay," Out! December 1983:
8-9. A Profile of Louie Crew by Brooks Egerton
- "Guerilla Warfare of Grace: The New Commandment Task Force,"
Voice 49.3 (April 2001): 9. Lisa Green writes about the NCTF, which
- "'Hands in Healing' Group Touches Newark's Listeners,"
Voice 50.5 (June 2002): 1-2, 12. Crew is pictured with Lester
Mackenzie, one of the group's spokespersons, on page 12
Anniversary to Me," Under the Castor Oil Tree Father Jim Bradley uses
his blog to reflect on Crew's greetings on the anniversary of his ordination and
on other ministry with lgbtq folks, especially marriage.
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Louie," It's Not All About Me from December 9, 2009
- "Head of Episcopal Church attends gay groups Integrity's national
convention," New Voice July 17-23, 1992: 3. By Sheri Cohen
Darbonne. Includes picture of Crew and devotes half of article to Crew's
perception of the Presiding Bishop's visit
- "Health Benefits Sought for Gay Mates of Rutgers Faculty,"
Civil Liberties Reporter 4th Quarter, 1993: 4. Crew is one of five
complainants in this suit
- "Heart of a Pastor: A Life of Edmond Lee Browning,"
Forward Movement Cincinnati, OH 2010. By Sheryl A. Kujawa-Holbrook.
Names Crew on pages 114, 303, 317, 381, 392, 394.
- "Heat and Light at Burning Issues," United Voice 10.2
(March 1998): 4-5. Doug LeBlanc reports on Virginia conference at which Crew
was one of the four speakers
- "Heavenly Queer Speaks on Queers in Heaven," Identity
Mid-Fall, 1982: 7-8. Unsigned by H. Dudek
- "Heightened Security for Enthronement Service," Church of
England Newspaper No. 5654 (February 20, 2003. Notes: `The leading gay
activist in the American Church, Louie Crew, will attend with his partner. Mr.
Crew, who is ``married'' to Ernest, is a member of..
- "Help," Foghorn 3.2 (November 1983): 25. Bradley
Albom reports a solution to 'Louie Crew's Wordstar double spacing bug.'
- "Hero or heretic, Spong won't be forgotten," Episcopal
Life January 2000: 1, 10-11. Ed Stannard quotes Louie Crew in this article
occasioned by Bishop Spong's retirement
- "'Heterosexism' Decried, But What Is It?," Living
Church 221.5 (July 30, 2000): 12. The Rev. Bob Libby misquotes Crew in his
account of the salting episode at GC 2000
- "Homosexual Conundrum," Witness 69.12 (1986):19.
Quotation in 'Short Takes,' from my article in C&C, March 1986
- "Homosexual Professors Find Bias Plagues Their Life,"
Chronicle of Higher Education September 24, 1979: 1ff. By Ellen
- "Homosexuality: Gays on the March," Time Magazine
September 8, 1975: 32-33. This is the cover story of the issue and quotes Louie
Crew and Rictor Norting regarding their editorial in a special issue of College
English (November 1974) on the 'HOmosexual Imagination.'
- "House of Bishops passes key marriage
resolutions introduced by Bishop Ely," Diocese of Vermont The Rev.
Linda Maloney in her General Convention blog includes a photograph of Bishop
Thomas Ely with Louie and Ernest Clay after the Integrity Eucharist on June 29,
- "House of Deputies Proves Worth Its Salt," Episcopal News
Service release on July 7, 2000 by Genie Carr and Jan Nunley. Reports
Louie Crew's response to the attempted exorcism at GC2000
Quean Lutibelle," Telling Secrets The Rev. Dr. Elizabeth Kaeton
reflects on Louie Crew, June 1, 2012.
- "HUD Proves Discrimination Against Gay Couple," Press
Release August 27, 1975. Crew issued report as press release from Fort
Valley State College
- "I Have No Need of You: Reflections on a Dallas Rally,"
Dialogue [Episcopal Diocese of Utah] October 2003. By The Rev. Daniel
- "I Was in Prison and You Came to Me," Voice 41.4 (May
1993): 6. The Rev. Barry Stopfel reports on the ministry he and Louie Crew
share at the Adult Diagnostic Center, in Avenel, NJ, the state's main prison for
- "In Heaven and Down to Earth," Out! 1.1 (1982): 2. By
- "In Meter and Verse," Rutgers Focus 53.27 (April
1999): 1. Carla Capizzi reports the Rutgers Newark NJ High School Poetry
Contest which Crew directs and quotes him
- "In Newark, A Liberal Bishop Signals Moderation," New York
Times Saturday, November 21, 1998. David M. Herszenhorn quotes Crew
regarding Bishop Croneberger as one who will plant the grass in the forest that
Bishop Spong has cleared
- "In Person," Episcopalian March 1979: 18. Reports
'Louie Crew, a founder of Integrity, is again welcome in his Georgia parish
after a congregational meeting reversed a vestry decision asking him not to
- "In the beginning was the word, and the word was from Louie, and
the word was Integrity," Because Justice Matters 1.5 (September
2001): 2-3. The Rev. Paul Woodrum reflects on the history of Integrity/NYC
- "In the Episcopal Church doubt is so okay that we name some
churches `St. Thomas'," Epistle of Church of the Ascension, Twin Falls,
ID August 2004. A reflection on an item in Crew's 101 Reasons...
- "Incomplete elections force special convention," Voice
41.3 (April 1993): 1. Reports that at first convention only Crew and Christie
were elected as Newark lay deputies to General Convention
- "Information Technology Workshops," Training Connection
Fall 1992: 1, 3. Promotes Crew's mentoring workshops
- "Installation of
Redeemer Rector set for Sept. 29," Morris Township-Morris Plains
Patch September 20, 2011. Notes that Crew will be one of the 3 speakers at
- "Integrity," Piedmont Churchman (February 1989): 16.
Announces Crew as a contact for the South Carolina chapter
- "Integrity Advertisement," Episcopalian June 1988: 28.
Quotes Founder Louie Crew.
- "Integrity Beyond the Pale," Outlook October 1992:
5-7. Robert Bruce Walker reports on Crew's work with those imprisoned for sex
offenses at NJ's Adult Diagnostic Training Center in Avenel
- "Integrity celebra 40 años con una eucaristía
festiva," Chapel of St. John the Divine at the University of Illinois
From July 2, 2015. This is a Spanish version of Sharon Sheridan's report for
Episcopal News Service (q.v.)
Celebrates 36 Years of Mission & Ministry," Integrity From June 29,
2012. Video prepared for the 77th General Convention of the Episcopal Churh,
noting Crew at Integrity's founder
- "Integrity celebrates 40 years with festive
Eucharist," Episcopal News Service By Sharon Sheridan. June
Eucharist celebrates church's diversity," Episcopallife Online July
10, 2009. Reports that Louie Crew gave the invocation that started the
Eucharist at General Convention 2009.
- "Integrity Focuses on the Next Millenium," Living
Church 213.6:7 (August 11, 1996) by Mark Kozielec and Kim Byham. Cites
LC's convention address: 'response should not be the shout of victory but the
call to service'
- "Integrity Founder Begins Fast," Second Stone #12
(September/October 1990): 7
- "Integrity Founder Begins Spiritual Fast: In Solidarity With
Those Denied Sacraments," Integrity/Austin News 5.12 (August 1990):
3. An account of Crew's hunger strike
- "Integrity Founder Heckled by the Police," Integrity
Forum 2.5 (March 1976.
- "Integrity Founder Louie Crew: Rebel
with a Cross," Out IN Jersey From April 1, 2011. Reporter Chip
Alfred writes a profile of Louie Crew
- "Integrity Members Turn Out," Second Stone Issue #28
(May/June 1993): 11, 7. Reports March on Washington, with Louie Crew and
Ernest Clay named in a group picture of Integrity marchers
- "Integrity Midwestern Regional Conference," Walking With Integrity
Announces Crew as a speaker for the meeting on August 15, 2008. Page 1.
- "Integrity Official Argues Opposition to Homosexuality Rooted in
Opposition to Change," Virtue Online Aaron Gaglia discusses A
Thorn in the Flesh, a new book by Integrity President the Rev. Caro Hall
She is pictured with Louie Crew in a photograph taken by Sharon Sheridan.
- "Integrity on the Web," Voice of Integrity 7.2 (Spring
1997): 31. John Clinton Bradley acknowledges Crew and Daniel Sternbergh for
providing the prototype of the new Integrity web site
- "Integrity Publishes Major New Book: A Book of Revelations:
Lesbian and Gay Episcopalians Tell Their Own Stories," Integrity/Austin
News 6.12 (August 1991): 3
- "Integrity Reception and Eucharist," Oratione Communi Matthew
Ciszek reports on the reception honoring Crew on July 9, 2012
- "Integrity Turns 25," Anglican [Toronto] 44.1
(February 2001): 3. Article metnions that Integrity's founder Louie Crew
attended the 25th anniversary service of Integrity Toronto on September 18, 2000
- "Integrity/Jacksonville Hosts ECUSA Executive Council,"
Sojourner n.d. [November 2001]: 1, 3, 6. Kevin Jagoe reports on the
reception and included photographss, one of Louie Crew
- "Integrity's 1994 General Convention Supplement," Voice of
Integrity 4.4 & 5.1 (Fall 1994/Winter 1995): GC1, GC10, GC42: Pictures
deputy Crew; GC27: Kim Byham reports Crew's receipt of the Scudder Award
- "Integrity's Final 20th Anniversary Celebration," Voice of
Integrity . 4.4 & 5.1 (Fall 1994 & Winter 1995): 5-6. Pictures Louie Crew
with early members Ara Dostourian & Stanley Rich at the Atlanta celebration
- "International delegation of bishops takes closer look at the
Episcopal Church," Episcopal News Service October 26, 1999 Report
by James Solheim
- "Interview with Louie Crew," Virginia Churchman 85.3
(1976): 12. By Benjamin Campbell
- "Introduction: From Wilde to Stonewall," Gay Fictions
NYC: Continuum, 1990. Introductory chapter cites Crew/Norton from CE 1974, on
page 12. By Claude Summers
- "Invent," PSL News December 1988. Blurb for Louie
Crew's program. Appeared on December Additions Disk, #1
- "It's called Integrity,"
Father Jim Papile's Blog Spot Father Papile reflects on Louie Crew Clay and
why Integrity honored him during a Eucharist at the 2015 General Convention
- "James Sledd's Assignment," What Makes Writing Good .
By William Coles and James Vopat. Sledd analyzes Crew's teaching. Heath.
1985. Pages 33-38
- "Journals: The Ironic Detachment of Religious Scholars,"
Chronicle of Higher Education December 2, 1981: 20. Ellen K. Coughlin
summarizes Crew's and Keener's artilce in College English, November 1981
- "Joy in Samaria,"
Issues Monday, July 11, 2012, pages 3-4. The Rev. Michael Hopkins
announces Louie Crew's visit to General Convention and assesses Crew's witness
for lgbtq persons
Christians," The Episcopal Diocese of New York. from 6/2/2008.
Author The Very Rev. N. DeLiza Spangler (Dean in Buffalo) cites Crew's entires
to 101 reasons to be an Episcopalian
- "Joys and Tears: Diocesan Representatives Share General
Convention Memories," The Voice 57:4 (October 2009), 6-8. Crew is
pictured twice and occasionally noted
- "Judges," Hard Time Art 1992: A Time for Change :
Program for an exhibition at Rutgers Newark, September 8 -- October 28, 1992.
See page 36 where Crew is acknowledged as a juror
- "July 9 at Integrity/VA: Integrity Founder Dr. Louie Crew
[pictured] with our Co-Convenors Gerry Morris and Nina Seebeck,"
Integrity/Virginia August 1999: 4
- "June 2000," Mundi Medicina June 2002: 19. Pictures
Louie Crew with Brother Scott Borden after Crew's presentation on homophobia for
the Order of Holy Cross
- "Just Call It Free Speech," Atlanta
Journal-Constitution July 4, 1998, page B05. A letter from Robert E. Van
Keuren, Jr. clarifying that Crew founded Integrity in 1974.
- "Justice Weekend," Integrity-Houston Summer 2003, 3-4.
Lisa Pearson reports on Crew's presentations at the 2003 MLK celebrations,
- "Kathleen Scott Elected as University Senate Chair,"
Rutgers Focus 53.27 (April 30, 1999): 2. Douglas Frank reports Senate
elections, with picture of Senator Scott receiving the gavel from outgoing chair
- "Keeping Record," Poet's Market 1990 Writer's Digest
Books, 1990. By Judson Jerome. Promotes Crew's MUSES (page 13)
- "Keeping the Record Straight: Writers and Their Filing
Systems," Coda: Poets & Writers Newsletter 14.2 (1986): 20-21. By
Rochelle Ratner. Reviews Crew's Muses.
- "Kim Byham Lobbies for Gay and Lesbian Rights in the Episcopal
Church," Kenyon College Alumni Bulletin Spring 1989: 36. Discusses
Crew's founding Integrity
- "Lambeth Coverage on the Net," Church Times 1998 by
Helen Saxbee. Put on web by Anglicans Online. Praises the exhaustive range of
information on the homosexuality issue at Crew's Lambeth Collection
- "Landlocked Film Festival -- Venue 2," Iowa City Public
Library lists 'Not That Kind of Christian' for viewing
- "The Lead: Integrity celebrates 40 years," Episcopalcafe.org
From November 7, 2014
- "Leaving the Episcopal Church: An Interview w/ Ken Bieber,"
Witness 78.3 (March 1995): 26-28. Interviewer Jeannie Wylie-Kellerman
challenges Bieber's claims about gay sinners by quoting Crew several times
- "Legislative aides needed for IntegrityUSA
Legislative Team," New From the Pews: A publication of the Episcopal
Diocese of Colorado From April 15, 2015. Announces the process for the
2015 Louie Crew Clay grants from the Oasis in the Diocese of Newark
- "Lesbian Panic Reaches Apogee With Kagan Rumors,"
Religion Dispatch May 12, 2010. Susan Henkin cites Crew's book 'The Gay
Academic' and links to his 1974 opinion piece in the 'Chronicle of Higher
- "Lesgay Discourse and GAYnet," Variant 3.2 (Winter
1992): 4-5. An abstract of Crew's 1991 paper at Conference on College
Composition and Communication
- "Lesgay Seminary Scholarship Honors Louie Crew," Voice of
Integrity 2.4 (Fall 1992): 3. Reports scholarship at Episcopal Divinity
School: goal $100,000
- "Let the 'healed' speak for themselves," Episcopal Life
2.6 (1991): 25. Louie Crew's letter responding to Al Salt's in April 1991 See
also 'Sin of Sodom' reply by Dennis Garou in 2:8 (August 1991): 28
- "Letter from Janet," Grace Notes: E-Parish News [Grace Van
Vorst, Jersey City] Summer 2004, Message 1. Rector Janet Kraft reflects on
Louie Crew's presentation on 'Sexuality and Diversity'
- "Letter Regarding Advocate No. 250," Advocate 253: 27.
By Robert Steelman
- "Letter to Lifetime Members," Integrity April 1, 2012.
The Rev. Harry Knox, Interim Executive Director, announces a reception for
Integrity Founder Louie Crew at General Convention on Monday, July 9th, before
the Integrity Eucharist
- "Letter to the Editors," Fag Rag 26 (1979): 3. Attack
on Crew's story 'Before Armageddon' [Fag Rag No. 86]. By Winston Leyland,
editor of Gay Sunshine
- "Letter: Do
more research on gays-in-church issue," West Branch [Iowa] Times
Online . August 8, 2007. Ellyn Paulus condemns the Time's attack on 'Not
That Kind of Christian' while the Times writer admits to not having seen the
from Samaria," amazon.com Amazon.com's sales pitch for Clay's book.
- "Letters to the Editor," Whosoever December 12, 2003.
'Liz C' praises Crew, Truluck, Campbell, and Chellew as providing her with
'spiritual energy' through their writing
- "LGBT Advocates Celebrate Feast Of St. Aelred,"
Creedible Reports Crew's sermon at Integrity/Hartford on January 22,
2011, and gives audioclips from it
- "LGBT Episcopalians Celebrate 'Disordering Our
Boundaries'," VirtueOnline June 30, 2015. Jeff Walton reviews
Integrity's 40th Anniversary during General Convention, including its tribute to
- "Libel and Lies: EURRR Does It Again," Voice of
Integrity Winter 1996: 34-37. Reports libel of Louie Crew by Father
Wilson in an article in the San Jose Mercury News -- and Father Wilson's apology
- "Liberal Wing Soars on Inclusiveness," Chicago Tribune
November 14, 2006. By Manya A. Brachear, staff reporter. Includes a picture of
and quotes from Crew
- "Listening In," Episcopal Life 13.8 (September 2002):
27. Nan Cobbey's column 'Great Ideas' invites kibitzers for the
Bishops-Deputies Discussion List
Process a Gift to the Church," Episcopal Life August 31, 2009. By
Matthew Davies. Quotes Crew in support of the process for listening to the
witness of lgbt Chrisitans
- "Listing of 'Mister Jones'," Gay Theatre Alliance
Directory . 1979. Lists Crew's play. See GPU News
- "Listing of Muses," PC-SIG Magazine March 1987. Brian
Tuck, Librarian. Disks #635 and #636
- "Listings for Muses (Disks 2920-2921), Styled (Disk 2824), and
Cantonese (Disk 2534)," International Software Library Summer 1987:
- "Lists of Gay Scholars: Ripe, Good, Exceeding Wise," Bay
Area Reporter December 10, 1992: 10. David O'Connor reports Crew's
E-Directory of Lesbigay Scholars and Martin Duberman's CUNY's Center for Lesbian
& Gay Studies
- "Literally the best
thing ever," eloiserummaging.livejournal.com From September 2, 2008;
'eloise' comments on Frank Iero's Frank Iero's essays from English 101 at
Rutgers in 1999 in which he praises Crew's assignmentsr
- "Louie and Ernest Clay - Our Guests of Honor for the 40th Anniversary
Inaugural Eucharist," Walking With Integrity from Thursday, November
13, 2014, by Elisabeth Jacobs.
- "Louie Crew," Advocate February 9, 1977: 26.
Announces appearance of The Gay Academic and describes 'Louie Crew [as]..the
moving spirit behind a great many gay enterprises'
- "Louie Crew," CEA Critic 41.4 (May 1979): 40. Notes
member Crew's new publication, The Gay Academic
- "Louie Crew,"
Digplanet Based on Wikipedia's entry for Louie Crew
Crew," Georgia Bureau of Investigation E. P. Peters, Chief of
Operational Support, answers Crew's queries about GBI responses to out gay
persons (before Hardwick). Letter dated Aug. 14, 1974
Crew," Integrity USA Bio. for attendees to General Convention 2012
- "Louie Crew," Lesbian and Gay Almanac St. James Press:
NYC, 1998. Louie Crew's picture is included
- "Louie Crew," Record Summer 1998: 2. Editor/Publisher
Ralph Blair notes Crew's observation of 'a certain inconsistency in damning
people for promiscuity and then damning them to be promiscuous by not allowing
- "Louie Crew," Rutgers Focus 46.11 (February 21, 1992):
8. In 'Newsmakers' reports Crew's winning the Bishop's Outstanding Service
Award from the Diocese of Newark
- "Louie Crew," St. Andrew's Magazine Update on Crew, a
former faculty member in Middletown, Delaware, 1962-65. Page 72. n.d
- "Louie Crew," Voice of Integrity 9.2 (Late
Summer/Early Fall, 1999): 8. President Ben Matlock's citation read when EDS
gave Crew a Doctor of Divinity Degree, 5/27/99
- "Louie Crew," Who's Who in America . Entries beginning
with the 41st edition
- "Louie Crew," Why Do We Bake Cookies and Cook Bacon? A report of Crew's
sermon at St. Clare's in Ann Arbor on October 3, 2010
- "Louie Crew,"
Wikipedia: The Free Encylopedia 2006
- "Louie Crew," Writer's Directory 1993. Biographical
- "Louie Crew -- Sowing the Seeds of the Good News," The Canon's Blog: Out of
the Ordinary By The Rev. Canon Gregory A. Jacobs. Posted on July 10, 2012
- "Louie Crew (Li Min Hua)," Who's Who in the World .
9th Edition. 1989
- "Louie Crew and the Marriage
Canon at GC2006," VirtueOnline Posted by David Virtue on 5/23/2006,
written by Rev'd Dr. Peter Toon and likely reprinted from his journal The
Advocate. Quotes Crew's comment on the strategy of Newark's resolution to
amend the national marriage canon.
- "Louie Crew at Rector's Forum," Saints Alive October
1, 1995. Newsletter of All Saints Church, Pasadena, California. Page 3
- "Louie Crew Blasts American Anglican Council,"
Virtuosity January 2004, Third Week. By David Virtue from 1/18/2004
- "Louie Crew Clay
Retrospective," IntegriTV 2015 7 min 29 sec video aired at the
Integrity Eucharist during General Convention of The Episcopal Church, 2015 in
Salt Lake City
- "Louie Crew Clay, Founder of Integrity," The Episcopal
Diocese of New Hampshire A photograph of Clay speaking at the Integrity
Eucharist, one ot a series of photographs on the General Convention 2015.
- "Louie Crew Featured as Holy Week Preacher," Wings
March 1994: 1. Publication of St. Luke's, Montclair, NJ. With picture
- "Louie Crew founded
Integrity USA in 1974," Oasis Michigan Towards retreat where Crew
spoke and preached on 10/2-4/2011
- "Louie Crew Has a Little Fun with David Virtue,"
Everyvoice.net from August 27, 2003. Crew's additions to David Virtue's
deck of cards [of liberals whom Virtue does not like]
- "Louie Crew Honored by Diocese," Voice of Integrity
2.2 (Spring 1992): 8. Reports Crew's winning the 'Bishop's Award for
Outstanding Service' in the Diocese of Newark
- "The Louie
Crew Scholarship," The Oasis, Diocese of Newark from 2012.
- "Louie Crew seeks presidency
of House of Deputies at General Convention," Voice 51.2 (March
- "Louie Crew Shareware," Laughing Bear Newsletter #32
(November 1990): 1-2. Editor Tom Person reviews Crew's Muses and 4 Programs
- "Louie Crew Teaches at Rutgers," Anniston [Alabama]
Star August 21, 1989: 9A
- "Louie Crew to the Presiding Bishop and Bishop Jack Spong,"
Marginal Notes October 1990: 4. Crew's letter regarding his spiritual
- "Louie Crew to Visit Columbus in Two-Day Affair," deni doulos
September 2009 in the blogspot of The Rev. Deacon Deniray Mueller, 10/27/2009
- "Louie Crew, Founder of Integrity," Record Fall 1996:
4. Reports Crew's 'Reaching Bedrock' as it appeared in the Spring 1996 issue of
Voice of Integrity. Reporter: Dr. Ralph Blair, editor of Record
- "Louie Crew, Founder of Integrity, to speak July 9 Dinner,"
Integrity in Virginia June 1999: 1
- "Louie Crew, Idolatry and False Unity: Leading Lay Episcopal Homosexual Blasts
Covenant," Virtue Online December 29, 2009.
Crew. The Episcopal Church," youtube.com A video by Meg Anderson
Wagner as a project for Professor Patrick Cheng's Queer Theology Course at
Episcopal Divinity School. 7:37 minutes. From January 12, 2013
- "Louie Crew: Integrity Founder," Integrity Western
Massachusetts April 1990: 1. Promotion article for Crew's visit late in
- "Louie Crew: Publication of Private Email a Betrayal,"
Living Church from January 26, 2007 Crew explains he was betrayed when
a friend leaked Kearon's private correspondence to him
- "Louie Crew's Comments," Voice of Integrity 13.1
(Winter-Spring 2004): 15-16. David Gary reports on the post-General Convention
conference of Integrity/San Diego and Integrity/Desert
- "Louie Crew's Last Stand," Virtuosity Sat. April 5,
2003. Commentary by David Virtue
- "Louie Crew's Papers," Manuscripts in the Labadie
Collection, Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library. The University of Michigan
1987. A description of the 27 feet of Crew's materials in the archive
- "Louie Crew's 'Subversive' Message: There's No One God Doesn't
Love," The Net [Diocese of SE Fla] 31:5 (Oct. 2001): 11
- "Louie in the Lion's Den," Every
Voice Network . An article by Kevin Jones regarding Crew at the U.S.
Anglican Congress. Issue No. 1, from December 16, 2002
- "Louie in the Lion's Den," Wellspring 4.1 (January
2003): 10. Kevin Jones' analysis
- "Louis [sic] Crew: Sexual Reformer on Campus," Gay Life
[Chicago] 8.18 (1982): 8. By Marie Kuda
- "Love in General Convention," Witness 79.11 (November
1996): 22. Pam Chinnis, President of General Convention, cites presence of Crew
and May as evidence that 'we've really got something.'
- "Love Letter from Louie!," Integrity/Austin News 5.2
(October 1989): 5. Crew's Bread-and-Butter Note
- "Lure of the Catacombs," LGCM News [England] June
1995: 14-15. Chris Hansen describes the lesbigay Christian cyber group Luti
Catacombs and Louie Crew, its founder/creator
- "Luti -- An Electronic lesbigay catacomb," .net
October 1995: 54. Richard Thieme describes the gay Christian cyber forum which
Louie Crew founded/created
- "Lyman Ogilby: Ambassador of Christ," Witness 73:12
(December 1990): 20-21. In this obituary Susan Pierce quotes Crew on Bishop
Ogilby's ministry to the lesgay community
- "Mailbox 144," Scroll 3.4 (1988): 2. In a letter,
Louie Crew clarifies the syntax for TYPE, MORE, and FORMAT
- "Mainline Protestant groups weigh policies affecting gay people,"
Star-Ledger Sunday, August 16, 2009. Jeff Diamant quotes Louie Crew
regarding 2003 consents to Bishop Gene Robinson.
- "Marching Openly--And Proudly: Waco's 1st Gay Pride Parade Draws
Many People, Few Protesters," Waco Tribune-Herald Sept. 29, 1996:
1C, 4C. Writer Jodi Wetuski quotes Crew
- "Marriages and
Anniversaries," Northwest Arkansas Times (Fayetteville, AR) Monday
July 12, 2006 by Lowell Grisham. Grisham points to the marriage of Ernest Clay
and Louie Crew
- "Marshaling Moments in the Sun," Bergen Record May 15,
1999: A1, A26. Brian Kladko writes about how 'Professors relish ceremonial
role' and show Crew carrying the gonfalon in Rutgers 1998 graduation
- "May the Force Be With You, Louie," Integrity/Austin
News 5.2 (October 1989): 4. By Lisa Roger. Reports Crew's August visit
with the Sexuality Task Force of the Diocese of Texas
- "McGreevey Embraces the Episcopal Church," Star-Ledger
Tuesday, December 6, 2005. Reporter Jeff Diamant quotes Crew at a fund-raiser
for Claiming the Blessing, which former NJ governor James McGreevey attended
- "McGreevey headed for Seminary," The Record [Bergen
County] Wednesday May 2, 2007, by staff writers John McAlpin and John Chadwick.
Quotes Crew welcoming the news
- "McGreevey's next act: preacher and teacher,"
Associated Press for May 4, 2007. Report by Wayne Parry. Quotes Crew
on positive welcome for the governor's discernment towards priesthood
- "Media Looks at `Ex-Gay' Ministries," Voice of
Integrity 4.2 (Spring 1994): 12-15. Reprints fully Larry Witham's
Washington Times article on `Healers' of Gays Find a Venue at D.C. Church, which
- "Meet the New Provincial Officers," Grapevine 13.2
(Summer 2006): 2-3. Notes Crew's election to be secretary of Province 2 of the
- "Meet Us in St. Louis, Louie!: Is Dialogue Occurring?,"
News & Notes Winter 1990. Entire issue dedicated to Dr. Louie Crew
- "Message Resonates with Newark Listeners," Episcopal News
[Diocese of Los Angeles] Special Edition, Fall 2002: 22. By Bob Musko.
Reprint of his essay in Newark's Voice. Has a picture of Crew with Listening
- "A Million Different Loves,"
Wroclaw Weekly Notice of 'Not That Kind of Christian' in the Wroclaw
Queer Film Festival
- "Misperceptions of God can spur suffering," Express-Times
[Bethlehem, PA] April 24, 1992. Draws heavily on Crew's March 1992 article
in Christianity & Crisis
- "Monday, June
29th," Episcopal Diocese of Western Michigan Thomas Perin reports
the agenda for Monday June 28t, 2015 and notes the Integrty Eucharist that
evening will honor Louie Crew-Clay, Integrity's founder
- "More Awards," Voice of Integrity Summer 1994: 13.
Kim Byham receives `Headline: Award of Excellence' for his headline `Pussycats
in the Lions' Den' for article in the fall 1993 issue by Ann Carlson and Louie
- "More Light," Podium 5/93: 7. An editorial promotion
of Crew gay men's bible study group at Avenel, New Jersey's main treatment
center for sex offenders
- "More on Rejections," View from the Loft 10.9 (1988):
2. By Ellen Hawley, ed. Quotes Crew's form to respond to snide editors
- "Most Unique Short Story Award," It Matters Radio
Presented to Louie Clay for his poetic prose narrative 'It's Independence Day
Again; We Queans Must Stick Together', July 4, 2004
- "Moving to Resolve an 'Unthinkable Paradox'," Maclean's
92.13 (March 26, 1979): 48-49. Pictures someone holding The Gay Academic
John Shearer, '62," Darlington Magazine In an alumni update, Summer
2002, in which Shearer remembers Crew, his teacher.
- "Muses," Epson Lifeboat 5.6 (1988): 60. Crew's
program offered as disks 479 & 480
- "Muses update, Version 1.5 ," Foglight 2.12
(1987): 30. Reviewed and re-issued with same disk numbers, FOG-DOS.035 and
- "Muses: A Writer's Record-Keeping Program," ACE
Newsletter [Assembly on Computers in English]. 2.3 (1987): 15. By Rochelle
Ratner. Reprinted from Coda
- "My_agent helps writers organize their submissions,"
Creativity Connection 2.3 (Spring-Summer, 1992): 7 A review by editor
Association of Black and White Men Together," Outsmart Magazine .
Promotional article on forthcoming NABWMT conference (August 3-11, 2002) in
Miami, with Crew one of the main speakers.
- "National Budget Decreased 14 Percent," Living Church
215.6:8-9 (August 10, 1997) by Bob Libby. Quotes Crew regarding the 'Apology
Resolution' at GC 1997: 'Lesbians & gays don't need this resolution, but the
Church needs it. Whether or not you choose to apologize, you are forgiven by
- "National 'Gay' Group Active in Ft. Valley," Macon
Herald (Thursday, March 20, 1975): 1. Birchite paper quotes Presiding
Bishop James Dees, Anglican Orthodox Church, suggesting that Crew & Clay caused
a local tornado
- "New Business Programs," Public (software) Library
August 1987: 10. Review of Address
- "New Commandment Task Force Regional Meeting," Voice of
Integrity Summer 2000: 13-14. Pictures Crew and Clay in the official
report of the Short Hills NCTF meeting
- "New Computer Software," Chronicle of Higher Education
July 6, 1988: A-12. A second notice for Crew's Basic English
- "New Computer Software for Higher Education: Chinese,"
Chronicle of Higher Education 35.25 (March 1, 1989): A15. Reports
Crew's program, Cantonese
- "New Horizons for the Male Mystiqe," Pointer 26.12
(1982). By Joe Stinson. Crew was one of 3 interviewed
- "New Library Description," Scroll 3.4 (1988): 18.
Describes Poetease and Basic English, released as Disk #770
- "New notice for Styled, 1.5," Foglight 8.8 (1988): 28.
Catalogued as Disk No. 98.
- "New Programs for Writers: Muses and Styled," Scroll
2.3 (1987): 21. Katherine Loukides, Editor
- "New Software Added to the MS-DOS UG Collection," MS-DOS
Users' Group Newsletter [Sultan Qaboos University, Oman] 4.1 (Summer 1990):
5-6. Reviews Crew's Four Programs for Writers
- "Newark Diocese Calls for Gay Rights, Rebukes Colorado, NCC,"
News of Integrity El Camino Real April 1993: 1-2. Reports success of
legislation sponsored by Crew and Byham at Newark's diocesan convention
- "Newark Makes Mark in Denver," Voice 48.6: 1, 6-7.
Sharon Sheridan reports the Diocese of Newark's presence at the 73rd General
Convention, noting several actions of Crew, chair of the deputation
- "Newark: Church marks Emancipation Proclamation
anniversary," ENS Online from February 21, 2013, 'Interracial couple
Ernest and Louie Clay-Crew will on the intersection of race and sexuality on
LGBT Pride Sunday at Redeemer in Morristown'
- "News & Notes," Jubliate Deo 95.2 (1989): 8. Reports
Crew's efforts to organize an Integrity chapter in South Carolina
- "News and Notes," Jubilate Deo February 1989: 8.
Announces Crew as contact for new chapter of Integrity in Diocese of South
from the Hill," Virginia Theological Seminary Spring 2015: page 3.
A group picture with Louie Crew Clay on the occasion of his preaching in the new
chapel on St. Patrick's Day, 2015
- "News, Marketin, and Idea Sources," A. F. A. Affairs
2.1 (Third Quarter, 1988): 2. Announces Crew as a contact for writers
- "1976: Fort Valley Parish Asks Gay Man to Leave," Ex
Umbris June 1994: 1-2. Reprints Sally Scherer's article reprinted in
April 17, 1994 Macon Telegraph
- "NJ Becomes 5th State to Have Civil Rights Protection for Lesbian,
Gay and Bisexual People," News Jersey February 1992: Crew is among
A-634 activists pictured on the front page with this article
- "No Balm in Denver," Christianity Today from
7/17/2000. Doug LeBlanc reviews lesbigay issues at General Convention 2000 and
report Crew's protest of salting by deputy from Dallas
- "No Contest," Comp Post October 1987: 4. Analyzes
Crew's entry to contest to diagram a Reagan sentence
- "No Escape from Bigotry, Gay Finds," Milwaukee Journal
May 31, 1981: 1. Reports harassment of Crew in Wisconsin
Good Thing Will God Withhold," Ultimate Word Sunday, January 31,
2010. The Rev. Jon Richardson reflects on a gift from Louie Crew
- "Nominating Committee Leaders Reflect on Process of Picking Tenth
Bishop of Newark," Voice [Diocese of Newark] 54.4 (August 2006): 5.
Based on the editor's interview with Crew and McGrath, co-chairs of the
- "Nomination Speech for Dr. Louie Crew for President of House of
Deputies Presented to the House of Deputies," Voice 51.6 (September
2003): 5. By Lyn Headley-Moore, Crew's nominator and chair of the Newark
- "Not Just a Homosexual, But an Avowed Controversial
Homosexual," Blade August 1976. By Adam DeBaugh. Reports that the
DC Office of Human Rights determined that American Univ. failed to hire Crew
because of his sex and his sexual orientation
- "Not That Kind of
Christian," Art Papier [Poland] 2009. Notice in local film festival
- "Not That
Kind of Christian," Audience Withoutabox , Program of the Rome
[Georgia] International Film Festival for Sept. 8, 2007
- "Not That Kind of Christian," Oxnard Independent Film
Festival 2007 for September 21, 2007.
- "Not That Kind of Christian," Productions . Producer
Andrew Grossman's documentery film featuring Louie Crew, Bishop Gene Robinson,
Bishop Jack Spong, David Virtue, et al. Premieres at Breckenridge Film Festival,
June 7-20, 2007
- "Not That Kind of
Christian!!," Internet Movie Data Base Included in online database
- "Not That Kind of Christian!!," Sapteseri Notice of film in the 2008
Bucharest Film Festival
- "Not That Kind of Christian!!,"
Soulbird Notice of film in the Inklusiv Film Festival in Iraq
- "Not That Kind of Christian!! (2007)," New York Times December 3, 2007.
Reviews by Cammila Albertson
- "Not That
Kind of Christian: A Review," Denver Film Society Show dates Nov.
- "Not That Kind of Christian: Not So Great," Citizen Shift
Community Blog from August 29, 2007
That Kind of Christian: Not So Great," Media for Social Change -
CITIZENShift from Wednesday, August 29, 2007, 10:11:37 AM by Paul Afialo
- "Notable and Quotable," Advocate #250. No date and
no page. Reports Louie Crew's successful battle with Webster's New World
- "Notes on Updates," Public (software) Library August
1987: 4, 8, 10, 13. References to Hire, Muses, Styled, and Apply
- "Notice for Styled," Public Domain Software . By Rusel
DeMaria and George Fontaine. M & T. 1987
- "Notice for Styled," The Capital PC Monitor [Denver]
May 1987. N.p
- "Notices," Voice 40.3 (March 1992). Crew's notice to
receive archival materials for the Task Force on the History of the Diocese
- "Nun's Letters Have Pierced Prison Walls," Cincinnati
Enquirer Dec. 25, 1989. By Camilla Warrick. Sister Evelyn Ancilla tells
of her prison ministry, begun with a few addresses published by Crew in the
- "Nun's Letters Have Pierced Prison Walls," Voice of
Integrity 3.1 (Winter 1993): 9. Reprints Camilla Warrick's article,
originally in Cincinnati Enquirer, noting that Crew's Integrity newsletter
prompt a nun to begin a prison ministry
- "The Oasis (Newark) Honors Louie Crew, Presents Awards," Integrity
NYC Metro Reports June 1, 2012 reception honoring Crew and awarding the
first Louie Crew Scholarship to Darnell L. Moore
- "Oasis Honors Four," Voice 40.4 (May 1992): 1. Notes
that Crew received from Oasis, a ministry of Diocese of Newark, an award
honoring his contributions to 'Christian Education'
- "The Oasis Honors Louie Crew, Presents First Annual
Scholarship and Grant," The Episcopal Diocese of Newark, June 4, 2012.
By Christian Paolino
- "Of Interest: A Review of Muses," Experiences: A
Newsletter for Writers March 1987: N.p
Closets and the Academy," Friends of Jake May 31, 2010. Quotes 3
paragraphs from Crew's 1974 opinion
piece in Chronicle of Higher edcuation, concluding it 'makes me awed by the
courage of Louie Crew in coming out THEN, because those words are still so true
Church Tries to Find the Middle Way: Not Quite straight, not that gay,"
Mining Company Sunday, Dec. 15, 1997. David Riley reports an extensive
interview with Louie Crew.
- "101 Reasons to be Episcopalian," Grace Cathedral/San
Francisco Reviewed by Michael Macrone and online from December 23, 2003
- "101 Reasons to be an Episcopalian," Living Church
226.22 (June 1, 2003): 5. Patricia Nakamura reviews Louie Crew's new book by
the same title
- "101 Reasons To Be Episcopalian," Morehouse Publishing
Spring 2003: 4. Promotional description of Crew's new book in the publisher's
- "101 Reasons to be Whiskeypalian," Observations from the Side
Aisle from December 9, 2005
- "One-of-a-Kind Taos Poetry Event Exits Before Its Time ," Albuquerque Journal
Friday, June 25, 2004. Tom Collins describes a painting by Victoria Carlson, in
which appears a vandalized copy of Crew's book The Gay Academic
- "Opening Windows," Witness 72.11 (November 1989): 3.
A letter by Carolyn W. Reynolds supporting Louie Crew's article in 72:9
- "Other Notes," News of Integrity/El Camino Real May
1992: 3. Notes Louie Crew is appealing denial of tenure at Rutgers
- "Our Spring Retreat," Integrity/Alabama Pictures Crew
with chapter president, Marshall Johnson
- "Our Stories Available," Phoenix January 1989: 6.
Announces Crew's intent to edit a fuller version of the handout used at the 1988
General Convention. New version became A Book of Revelations
- "Our Stories Needs Your Story!," Integrity News & Notes
March 1989: 14. Announces that Crew will edit new volume [A Book of
- "Our Stories to Become a Book," Integrity/Austin News
4.5 (January 1989): 6. Announces that Crew will expand and edit the volume [A
Book of Revelations]
- "Our Stories: Educating Our Churches," Koinonia 2.1
(January 1, 1989): n.p. Announces that Dr. Crew will edit a much expanded
version of this handout from the 1988 General Convention. Became A Book of
- "Overview," View from the Loft 9.6 (1987): 4. A
review of Crew's Muses: A Program for Writers
- "Paen to
the Queen," Telling Secrets. Def Poetry Slam. A poem tribute to
Louie Crew written and read by Lelanda Lee at General Convention in 2009.
The Rev. Grant Gallup, 12-02-2009," Windy City Times Cites Crew's
blog comments about Grant Gallup
- "Path to Poetry," COSMEP Prison Project Newsletter 1.2
(1976): 5-7. By John Natkie. An account of Fort Valley Writers and Crew's
founding of it
- "Paving the Road to Full Inclusion for 40 years," Integrity
USA on Facebook from May 29, 2015. Picture of Louie Crew Clay speaking at
the Integrity convention, in CHicago in 1975.
- "PC-STYLE and STYLED: Two Shareware Style Analysis Programs,"
MS-DOS Users' Group Newsletter [in Sultanate of OMAN] 3.2 (Winter
1990). Reviewed by Blythe Camenson, Sultan Qaboos University
- "People," Rutgers Focus September 11, 1998: 8. Notes
Crew's appointment to the Standing Commission on Anglican and International
Peace with Justice Concerns
- "People and Publishing," Gay Studies Newsletter 16.1
(March 1989): 11-14. Mentions Crew's 1989 project for NCTE Committee on
- "People of Faith: Religion and Spirituality News,"
Washington Blade June 25, 1999, 71. Notes Crew's forthcoming talk for
- "Personal Journeys: Safe and Free," Messenger [the
newsletter of Episcopal Migration Ministries] No. 4 (Summer 2004), p. 3.
By 'Kamelia' about her escape from the Cameroons and her being granted asylum in
the US. Thanks Crew for his involvement in that process
- "Photo of Louie Crew," Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual and Transgendered History in America 3 vol. set. Farmington, MI:
Thomson - Gale, 2004
- "Plano priest a 'most unlikely' crusader ," Dallas Morning
News October 3, 2003. Jeffrey Weiss quotes Crew re: the summit of the
American Anglican Council: `They should have had it at Ft. Sumter.'
- "Poet to Read at Mission," Stevens Point Journal
Wednesday, October 4, 1995: 8. Picture of Louie Crew and an article about his
upcoming poetry reading on October 6
Adds Creative Flair, Reflective Space to Convention," episcopallife
online Sharon Sheridan reports on a poetry reading at General Covention
2009 in Anaheim, noting Crew as one of the readers.
- "Poetry Notes: The Sound of the Poetic Computer," Writer's
Digest December 1988: 10. By Judson Jerome. A review of Crew's software
- "The Power of a Word of Thanks," The Dean's Blog Very
Rev. Kevin Martin, sometimes on opposite side, talks about how much he's blessed
to receive Crew's notes.
- "Practice Safe E-Mail with Dr. Louie Crew," Sound
Spirit 4.4 (September 1993): 4. An account of LUTI: The Electronic
Catacomb of Lesbigay Christians
- "Prayer for Patience and Understanding," Grace Notes
December 2005: 5. Prayer by Anonymous, submitted by Louie Crew
- "Private Meeting with
Williams at Convention Will Address Sexuality, ministry,"
Episcopallife.online by Mary Frances Schjonberg, July 1, 2009.
- "Professor Describes Struggle with Homosexuality," Richmond
Times-Dispatch Saturday, December 13, 1997: B1, B8. Alberta Linsey
highlights Crew's part of the Burning Issues Forum
- "Professors Clash on Medical Benefits for Gays," Rutgers
Observer 75.15 (Tuesday, February 28, 1995): 2. Keith Burkhardt reports
Crew's clash with Senator Stanley Hall in Hall's sarcastic report of Senate
support of benefits for lesbigays
- "Profile of Dr. Louie
Crew," Religious Archives Network: A Resource Center and Clearance House
for the History of LGBT Religious Movements . From March 2003
- "Profile: The Most Rev. Frank Tracy Griswold, Presiding Bishop and
Primate," Because Justice Matters 1.5 (Sept. 2001): 4-5. The Rev.
Paul Woodrum includes an account of the PB's attack on Crew's candor published
from Kampala, Uganda
- "Program," Grace Church Newark Lists Louie Crew as the
performer reading 'Fantasy on Tokyo-ondo' at recital on May 15, 2011
- "Program Developed to Manage Circulation of Manuscripts,"
Computers & Composition 4.2 (1987): 139. Review of Muses
- "Promotional Statement forMuses," X,Y,Z: A Poetry
Newsletter August/September 1987: 2
- "Publishing: Louie Crew," Gay Studies Newsletter 15.3
(1988): 11. Update on Crew's current projects
- "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is," More Light Update
10.11-12 (June-July 1990): 15-16. A letter by Lance Shreffler & a rejoinder by
Crew regarding his earlier article in More Light Update
- "Quean Lutibelle of the Alabama Belles," Wellspring
1.4 (July 1999): 4. Picture of Crew at the Oasis 10th Anniversary Service
- "Queer country: Rural Lesbian and Gay Lives," Journal of
Rural Stuies Vol 11, No. 2, (1995), 113-122. By David Bell and Gill
Valentine, who on page116 discuss Crew's essay "Just As I Am" in Southern
- "Reasons for
Being Episcopalian Fill Web Site, New Book," ENS [Episcopal News
Service] release published widely as in Virginia Episcopalian 111.5 (January
- "Reasons for being Episcopalian fill website, new book,"
Church News [Diocese of West Tennessee] [ENS] for March 2003
- "Reasons for being Episcopalian fill website, new book,"
Episcopal News Service (ENS) from December 13, 2002. A report of Crew's
collection 365+ Reasons for Being Episcopalian/Anglican. Released to all
subscribers of the News Service.
- "Reflections from the Oasis: A Case Study in Integrity and
Community," Lesbian Gay Christian Movement 1992. Address to LGCM
[Britain] by The Rev. David L. Norgard. 'Dedicated to Dr. Louie Crew, Founder
- "Reflections on Several Giants," Integrity Heartland
Voice August 1992: 2-3, 8-9. Chet Thompson reflects on meeting Louie Crew
et al. at Houston convention
- "Relatively Out: Reflections on a Community College Teaching
Career," Gay Studies Newsletter 16.1 (March 1989): 1-3. By Karen
Keener. Mentions Crew as an early ground-breaker for Gay Studies
- "Remedial Test Challenged," Politics & Education
March/April 1978: 28
- "Remember Our Book!," Voice of Integrity 4.1 (Spring
1994): 26. Reprints The Rev. Victor Austin's review of Crew's Book of
Revelations as it first appeared in The Episcopal New Yorker
- "Remembering News & Notes," Voice of Integrity 1.1
(Spring 1991): 28. Unsigned article traces Integrity publications from Crew's
first issue of Integrity Forum in November 1974
- "Report of the Committee on the Status of Women," Report to
the 72nd General Convention . The Episcopal Church. 1997. The report
cites Crew's contribution of statistics, page 175
- "Rescuing Sexuality from Fundamentalism," ISCS Bulletin
4 (Summer 1991): 5. [Britain] Bishop John Spong quotes from Archbishop of
Peter Carey's letter to Louie Crew
- "Research/Scholarship," Bulletin Spring 1992: 5.
Reports on Louie Crew's recent publications for faculty of Rutgers/Newark
- "Resolution No.:
2015-A168: Express Gratitude for Dr. Louis Crew Clay, Founder of Integrity
USA," General Convention of the Episcopal Church 2015 Resolution
passed by acclamation in the House of Deputies.
- "Resolution: 2000-D054: Express Thanks to Dr. Louis Crew,"
General Convention of the Episcopal Church 2000 Resolution passed by the
House of Deputies.
- "Resource Review - 101 Reasons to be Episcopalian ,"
DaYouthGuy June 16, 2009.
- "Response to Kibmerli Dorris," Sword of Shahrazad #12
(July/August 1990): 5. Li Min Hua's response to query about meaning in Li's
poem in #11 (April/May 1990)
- "The Rev.
David Tarbet remembered for seeking 'the Gospel in people' and ways to
serve," Episcopal Life March 8, 2010. Pat McCaughan quotes Crew in
praise of Tarbel.
- "Review notice of Midnight Lessons," Gay Studies
Newsletter 14.3 (1987): 11-12. Quotes first poem ('Fences') in Full
- "Review of 101 Reasons to be Episcopalian," Anglican
World Trinity 2003: 56. Notice given by editor James Rosenthal
- "Review of 101 Reasons to Be Episcopalian," Sewanee
Theological Review 2004: 351-352. By Don Armentrout
- "Review of Apply," Shareware Magazine June 1988: 24.
Offered through PC-SIG as Disk #1005
- "Review of Cantonese (Gong Gwongdungwa) by Louie Crew (a.k.a. Li
Min Hua," Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers Association 22/3
(1987), 109-113. Co-authored by Tao-chung (Ted) Yao and Dana Bourgerie
- "Review of 'Gays and God's Love' in C&C," Review: A
Quarterly of Evangelicals Concerned, Inc 12.1 (1987): 1-2. By Dr. Ralph
- "Review of Hire," Shareware Magazine June 1988: 24.
Offered through PC-SIG as Disk #1004
- "Review of Louie Crew's Defense of Students' Right to Their Own
Language," CLAC 9 (1983): 5-12
- "Review of Midnight Lessons," Kindred Spirit 7.1
(1988): 11. By Janet Gray
- "Review of Midnight Lessons," Z Miscellaneous January
1988: 109. 'A decent read, an honest effort'
- "Review of Muses," Rhetoric Review 5.2 (1987): 193
- "Review of Sunspots," Advocate September 22, 1976.
By Karl Maves
- "Review of Sunspots," Black Books Bulletin 5.3 (1978):
- "Review of Sunspots," Body Politic November 1977. By
- "Review of Sunspots," Gaiety August 1976. Page 10.
By R. Schlessinger
- "Review of Sunspots," Portage 1980. By Kathy White
- "Review of Sunspots," Sentinel Fall 1976. By Roger
- "Review of Sunspots," Small Press Review 9.5 (1977).
By Edith Blicksilver
- "Review of Sunspots," Southern Exposure Fall 1979:
141. By John Leon Natkie
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Advocate May 3, 1978.
By Karl Maves
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Advocate November 30,
1977: 28. By Richard Hall. Listed as No. 1 in 'Ten Most Deserving Titles'
- "Review of The Gay Academic," American Journal of
Psychiatry 135.7 (1978): 883-884. By Judd Marmor
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Book Review Digest 1978:
487. Excerpts from reviews which had appeared in Choice, Contemporary
Sociology, and Library Journal
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Booklist 74 (1978): 1526
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Change Magazine February
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Choice February 1978
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Chronicle of Higher
Education September 25, 1978: 17
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Contemporary Psychology
23.9 (1978): 632-633
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Contemporary Sociology 7
(1978): 465-466. By Vern Bullough
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Empty Closet December
1977: 9. By Daryl and Shirli Clemens
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Essay and General Literature
Index 1978. All relevant chapters are indexed
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Gay Community News
December 24, 1977: 13, 16. By Robert Etherington
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Gay Insurgent 1.1
(1979): 43-47. Reviewed by Jim Monahan
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Gay News [London] 138
(March 9-22, 1978): 19. By Rictor Norton
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Gay Sunshine 36/37
(1978): 22-23. By Robert K. Martin
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Gay Teachers Association
Newsletter 1.6 (1978): 4. By Rosalind Rosen
- "Review of The Gay Academic," GPU News 7.4 (1978):
11-14. By Wayne Jefferson
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Integer February 1978:
7. By Grant Gallup
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Integrity 4.5 (1978): 4.
By William Doubleday
- "Review of The Gay Academic," It's Time 5.1 (1978):
3-4. By Dolores Noll
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Journal of Homosexuality
3.4 (1978): 407-409. By Richard Hall
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Lambda National Book Club
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Library Journal January
15, 1978. By James Levin
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Los Angeles Times
November 27, 1977. By S. Licata
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Midwest Gay Academic
Journal 1.4 (1978). By Jim Monahan
- "Review of The Gay Academic," New Directions for Women
Winter 1977-78: 9
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Phi Delta Kappan March
1978: 496. By Susan Matusak
- "Review of The Gay Academic," San Francisco Baytimes
January 20, 1978: 26. By Dan Curzon
- "Review of The Gay Academic," San Francisco Integrity
3.6 (1978) 2, 5. By Richard Younge
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Sentinel 4.26 (1977).
By Roger Austen
- "Review of The Gay Academic," SIECUS Report 8.1
(1979): 9-10. By Dennis Rubini
- "Review of The Gay Academic," Times [London] Higher
Educational Supplement 318 (December 9, 1977): 7
- "Review of the special issue of College English (1974),"
Advocate January 15, 1975: 26-27. By Jim Kepner
- "Review of the special issue of College English (November
1974)," Body Politic 17 (1975): 23-24. By Ed Jackson
- "Review of the special issue of College English (November
1974)," Chicago Gay Crusader June 1975: 7. By Rick Pollack
- "Review of the special issue of College English (November
1974)," Gay Liberator 43 (1975): 6-7. By Don Mager
- "Review of the special issue of College English (November
1974)," Gay News [London] 70 (May 8-21, 1975): 17. By Roger Baker
- "Review of the special issue of College English (November
1974)," In Touch 17 (1975): 33-34
- "Review of the special issue of College English (November
1974)," Sentinel 1.24 (1974): 7. By Roger Austen
- "Reviews," Ganymedia 88.3 (1988): 2. By David
Lochman. Review of Crew's 'Pabulum Is Pabulum Is Pabulum' in Christianity &
- "Reviews of Apply, Hire, and Mylog," Scroll 2.5
(1987): 1, 9
- "Reviews of New Men, New Minds and Men Freeing Men,"
Wingspan Autumn 1987: 14. Reviewed by Chris Harding. Notes Crew as the
only writer in both collections
- "Reviews of Poetease and Basic English," Literary
Marketplace April 1988: 86. By Bill Marles, Editor
- "Rich's Ruminations," Richard Simpson's Blog Spot Father Richard
Simpson reflects on Integrity's 40th anniversary and on the honoring of Dr.
Clay, in his summary report regarding the 2015 General Convention of the
- "Rubber Blue
Biodegradable Robot," Private website . A short story by R. S.
Pearson, who acknowledges that he used Louie Crew's INVENT.EXE to generate the
- "Rutgers Professor to Speak at Fort Worth Church,"
Star-Telegram Sunday, February 24, 2008. Terry Lee Goodrich announces
Crew's forthcoming visit
- "Rutgers Sued for Ban on Health Benefits to Gay Partners,"
New York Times Friday, January 28, 1994: B4. By Maria Newman.
Describes suit for benefits for lesbigay spouses. Crew is one of the five
- "Rwandan Bishop Postpones Visit," Living Church
217.16:8 (October 18, 1998). Notes Crew's participation in a panel discussion
at Integrity's regional convention in Little Rock
- "Salem's 'Going the Extra Mile' Awards," Tempo First
Quarter 1988. Page 2. Designates Louie Crew as 'Downtown's [Chicago Loop] Temp
of the Quarter'
- "Samisdat," Factsheet Five 25 (1988): 50. Anonymous
reviewer describes Midnight Lessons: 'An altogether poignant account of
survival in redneck lands filled w/ good ol' boys'
- "Says Officials Refused Meeting with Gay Reps," Stevens
Point (Wis.) Journal Tuesday, September 14, 1982: 13. Reports refusal of
Episcopal Church in Wisconsin to obey mandate of General Convention to meet with
- "Scholarship Funds for Lesbian and Gay Students Established,"
EDS News 18.1&2 (December 1992): 3. Describes the Louie Crew
Scholarship Fund, targeted for $100,000 endowment, at the Episcopal Divinity
- "Searching for Solutions to Potential Schism," Voice
48.1 (January/February 200): 9. Pictures Crew, Canon Elizabeth Kaeton, and The
Rev. Michael Hopkins in brief article on the Seattle 22, a reconciliation
conference between liberals and conservatives
- "Seattle Meeting Brings Hope, New Level of Trust," Living
Church 219.25 (December 19, 1999): 6. Reports the meeting of the Seattle
22 -- liberals, moderates, and conservatives, of which Crew was one of 6
organizers. Includes Crew's picture
- "Secretary-general hints at `difficulties' with Dr Williams,"
Church Times Issue 7507 - 26 January, 2007. Leaks Canon Kenneth
Kearon's private correspondence to Louie Crew regarding the Archbishop of
- "Selected Poems," General Convention Exhibit Hall Read
several of his own poems at a Series of Poetry Readings at the noon-breaks of
the General Convention of the Episcopal Church in 2009 in San Diego.
- "Senate Chair Proposed Revitalized Mission," Rutgers
Focus February 13, 1998: 2. By Douglas Frank. Reports Crew's plans for
- "Senate Chair Proposes Revitalized Mission," Rutgers
Focus February 13, 1998: 2. Douglas Frank reports Chairperson Crew's
February 6th address to the University Senate. [picture included]
- "Senate Elects New Officers," Rutgers Focus 51.28 (May
9, 1997): 3. By Douglas Frank. Reports Crew's election as chair of the
1997-98 Rutgers University Senate
- "Senate Plans Reform for Improvement," Daily Targum
129.89 (February 16, 1998): 1, 4. Louis C. Hochman reports Crew's call for a
committee on senate revitalization
- "The Sentence Contest," Comp Post October 1986: 1-3.
By Angela G. Dorenkamp. Crew's entry as a runner-up. Plugs Crew's program
- "Series on Clergymen Prompted by Letters," Milwaukee
Sentinel Monday, June 1, 1981: 6. Crew...'said people were not so much
afraid of his homosexuality as of his honesty. ''The primary mood of the church
is still very hostile.'''
- "Sermon at The Church of the Holy Apostles, New York City,," Holy Apostles
Website October 19, 2003 preached by the Rev. Dr. William A. Greenlaw,
beginning as a reflection on a 'magnanimous statement' by Crew from primates
meeting in London, at
- "Sermon for the Fourth Sunday in Lent," Trinity Parish,
Columbus Ohio Preached by the Rev. Richard A. Burnett. Quotes extensively
Crew's sermon on the 3rd Sunday in Lent
- "Sexuality Talks Called Step in Right Direction," Living
Church 216.1 (January 4, 1998): 12, 22. Sarah Bartenstein reports on the
Buring Issues Conference of the Diocese of Virginia. Crew was one of four
- "Sexuality Task Force Hears Integrity Founder Louie Crew,"
Marginal Notes Septeber/October 1989: 4. [Newsletter of
- "Shifting Views of Gays/Lesbians in Christianity & Crisis,"
Witness 80.6 (June 1997): 21-23. Quotes Crew's earlier writings as part
of the history of this magazine. By Mark Hulsether
- "Short and Sharp," Living Church Easter 2 (April 26,
1992): 14. Review of A Book of Revelations
- "Simple English," Online Today (April 1989): 12.
Description of Crew's Basic English
- "Sin of Sodom Wasn't Inhospitality," Episcopal Life
2.8 (August 1991): 28. In a letter, Dennis Garrou attacks Louie Crew for his
position in the June 1991 issue
- "36 Luminaries," Whole Gay Catalog #1 (1982).
Publication of Lambda Rising, Washington, DC
- "Small Press Buccaneers," New Pages Summer 1991:
9-11. Tom Person praises Crew's Styled
- "So You Are Wondering What You Are For," RFD 17
(1978): 9. Poem dedicated to Crew by Steve Abbott
Philosophy: Follow church's `rules,' or go somewhere else," Westbranch
Times Online . Gregory R. Norfleet says he has not seen 'Not That Kind of
Christian' but that gives him no pause is damning it. August 1, 2007
- "Society's Search for Poetic Justice," South China Morning
Post Sunday, July 14, 1985: 7 (Arts). By Sally Course. An article about
Crew's performance of poetry in Hong Kong
- "Software," Scope 5.2 (1987): 14. Notice of Muses and
- "Software Packages," Kindred Spirit 6.4 (1987): 10.
Notice for Muses and Styled
- "Sofware for Learning," Shareware Magazine 3.4 (1988):
34-40. New blurbs for Cantonese (#755), Styled (#977) plus renewed for Muses
- "Special reception
honoring Dr Louie Crew at General Convention 2012," Integrity
Schedule for 7:30 in the Indianapolis Convention Center, July 9, 2012
- "Spirit of Pride," Southern Voice June 20, 2003, 31.
Van Gower reports on L. Crew as scheduled speaker for All Saints/Atlanta's Pride
Eucharist for Human Rights (June 26)
- "Spirit of
Pride," southernvoice.com 6/20/03. Van Gower reports on Crew's
forthcoming sermon at the Pride Eucharist at All Saint's in Atlanta
- "Split Decision," Advocate December 23, 2003: pp. 47,
49. By Jeremy Quittner. Quotes Louie Crew on African reactions to Gene
Robinson's election as Bishop of New Hampshire
- "Split in World Church Could Mean Change for Local Parish,"
The Daily Independent, November 30, 2007, by Ruth Justis
- "The Spoken Word," New York Times May 31, 1991.
Announces Louie Crew as one of the poetry performers at La Mama in Manhattan for
June 1, 1991
- "Spong Faints During Succession," Star-Ledger Sunday,
November 22, 1998. Refers to Crew, Harper, and Roskam's sermon at the
consecration as 'lively preaching that sometimes bordered on ''Performance
- "Spong gives strong support to school aid plan,"
Star-Ledger [Newark, NJ] Saturday, January 26, 1991. Page 2. By Monica
Maske. Quotes Louie Crew as a member of the Task Force on Episcopal Identity
- "Spring Retreat," News of Integrity El Camino Real
June 1998: 2-3. Kathy Hansen reports the retreat led by Louie Crew, April
17-19. Includes a page of pictures
- "St. Paul's is Among the Top Episcopal Churches in Average
Attendance," The Epistle: St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Alexandria
June 2002: 1. Cites data from Crew's report
- "St. Peter's:
Small, Medium or Large Parish?," Newsletter of St. Peter's Episcopal
Church in Chattanooga November 1996: n.p. Cites Crew's web publication
'The Small Church'
- "Stacking the House of Bishops?," Voice of Integrity
7.2 (1997): 21. Cites Louie Crew's statistics on the House of Bishops in a
report on the initiatives of the Right in the Episcopal Church
- "Stained Glass Ceiling: Career Attainment for Women Clergy,"
Sociology of Religion: A Quarterly Review 61.3 (2000): 243-266. Paul
Sullins thanks Crew for helpful revision, criticism, and discussion regarding
earlier versions of this study. (note on p. 243)
- "State Courts Split on Benefits for Domestic Partners,"
Chronicle of Higher Education March 13, 1997: a13-a14. Lisa Guernsey
reports on the suit against Rutgers in which Crew is a plaintif
- "Statement on Gay and Lesbian Movement Stirs Concern,"
Living Church 212.10:13 (March 10, 1996). Notes that Crew among many
others signed an ad in the Church Times recognizing the Lesbian and Gay
Christian Movement on its 20th anniversary
- "Statistics We Have a Few," The Guide to General Convention
2009 published by Episcopal Life, July 2009: 9
- "'Sticks and Stones'," Voice 46.8 (November 1998): 11.
Reports Crew's sermon on October 22 at Trinity & St. Philip's Cathedral in a
service honoring memory of Matthew Shepard and James Byrd
- "Stirring Up Hornets," Witness 72.11 (November 1989):
3. A letter by the Rev. John Manola supporting Louie Crew's article in 72:9
- "Stories," Episcopal New Yorker Nov/Dec 92. The Rev.
Victor L. Austin reviews Crew's Book of Revelations
Out the Word Gay," Globe and Mail [Toronto] September 11, 1978: 8.
By Robin Green. Reports Crew's correspondence with D. Guralnik, Editor of
Webster's New World Dictionary
- "Students Cited as Prized Poets," Star-Ledger April
19, 1994: 35. Announces reception for winners of the Rutgers High School
Poetry Contest, which Crew directs
- "Studies Show Women
Clergy Still Not Equal," Episcopal Life 10.9 (October 1999): 24-25.
Pam Darling reviews two books and Crew's web report on women priests.
- "Style Editor [Styled] Version 1.5 ,"
Foglight 2.12 (1987): 28. Reviewed and released as FOG-DOS.098
- "Style/Readability Checkers," Scroll 3.5 (1988): 8. A
review article by Tom Mortenson. Compares Crew's program Styled with two other
computer style-checkers and gives Crew high ratings
- "Styled Writing: Text Analysis on a Diskette," ACE
Newsletter [Assembly on Computers in English. NCTE] 3.1 (1987): 10.
Review of Styled by Frank Greene
- "Styled. Vers. 1.0: Recommended by the Reviewer. ,"
Hawkeye PC Newsletter May 1987: 7. 'Recommended by the Reviewer.'
- "Style-ed," National Collegiate Software Clearinghouse
Catalog 1989: 15. Duke University. Notice for Style-ed
- "Summary of the Past," Peachite October 12, 1979: 7.
Alan Dale Thornton. A poem about Crew as his teacher
- "sw," Four Programs For Writers . Collects Basic
English, Invent, Poetease, and Styled. Circulated at Disk #1181 from PC-SIG
- "Swiss Army Knife for Writers," Comp Post (February
1990): 3-4. Rene R. Morrissette's review of Crew's Four Programs for Writers
- "Tales of the Caucus," MLA Lesbian & Gay Caucus by Lou
Crompton. Notes that Louie Crew was a charter member of the caucus
- "Task Force Will Promote Reconciliation," Living Church
220.19:6 (May 7, 2000). Notes Crew as one of hte members of the New Commandment
- "A Teacher
Steps Aside for His Students," Voice 59.1 (January 2011: 6-7. By
Solange De Santis
- "Telling Books," Telling Secrets 9/4/07. Elizabeth
Kaeton uses her blog to review Marth Plimpton's The Memory Keeper's Daughter and
tells of Crew's founding of Integrity and of Crew's encounter regarding ex-gays
- "Tenafly Priest Elevated," Bergen Record Sunday,
November 22, 1998. Crew's sermon at the consecration is quoted in the article
- "Thank you," Integrity of Middle Tennessee 2.8 (July
1992): 2. Notice of continuing success of EDS Louie Crew Scholarship and their
own $200 contribution
- "Third Option Sought," Living Church 221.26:8
(December 24, 2000). Announcement of legislative action recommended by the
South Bend meeting of the New Commandment Task Force, of which Crew was co-chair
- "20th Anniversary for Integrity Founder," Second Stone
March/April 1994: 3 Notes wedding anniversary of Clay and Crew
- "This Week on the Internet," Electronic Bulletin of Church
of Our Savior in Secaucus from May 4, 2003
- "Three Decades and Still Growing," Integrator 2005-5
(October 2005): 1-2. Pictures Crew and mentions his presence at the 30th
Anniversary celebration of Integrity in Canada
- "3 new documentaries about Christianity," Palace
Intersect . Mark Combs reflects on 'Not That Kind of Christian.' From
August 19, 2007.
- "Time to Break the Stained Glass Ceiling," USA Today Editorial by
Gerald L. Zelizer. Cites Crew's statistics on the number of female priests as
- "Tips for Tyros," Foghorn 3.5 (1984): 9-10. Crew
regarding the bell on the Osborne computer
- "Tips on How to Survive General Convention," Episcopal
Life by Herb Gunn. Quotes several of Crew's recommendations
- "Tired of Being Fed to the Lions? Find the LUTI Link,"
Integrity/Austin News 8.9 (May 1993): 2. A description of Crew's 'LUTI:
Comprehend the Nectar' by Louie Crew: Statistics on the Story," Short
Story Statistics . Sergey V. Mikhailov analyzes Crew's short story
- "Treatment of Gay Clergy in Washington, DC," Integrator
93-1 (Epiphany 1993): 4. Louie Crew relays message regarding Bishop Haines'
warm welcome to openly gay Rev. Jim Holmes and his lover. Holmes is new rector
of St. John's, Lafayette Square
- "Trinity Church Hosts Champion for Justice and Inclusion of
All," The Chimes 8.7 (November 2009). 1. Reports Louie Crew's visit
to speak on October 31 and preach on All Saints, 2009.
- "Turning the Tide — The University of Alabama in the
1960s," The University of Alabama Press, 2014 Author Earl H. Tilford
quotes Crew's appeal (May 1970) to university president Mathews re: non response
to student demands (Kindle locations 3982 and 4064)
- "Tutu Appeals to Haitian Protestors to Stay Calm Following
Election," Episcopal News Service [ENS] Tuesday, February 14, 2006.
Matthew Davies reports on Bishop Tutu and Crew in Hotel Montana when invaded by
7,000 who protested delays in discerning the victor in Haiti's 2/7/06 election
- "'Two Grooms' as Major Literature, I Mean YES," Brian -- PO
Box 1 -53190 . Individual response to the Crew/Clay nuptial report
(published October 20, 2003)
- "Two Grooms,
Continued," Joy Anyway Series. The Rev. Canon Elizabeth Kaeton's
account of Crew-Clay's renewal of vows on 2/2/99. Online from February 1999
- "2004 in Review," Communique from Integrity Alabama
December 2004: 2. Notes Crew's sermon and dinner to celebrate feast of Aelred
in January; notes Crew's participation in August in the Jonathan Daniels
pilgrimage and his reflections at an event afterward
- "U. S. Postal
Service Considers Fag Part of Everyday Language," News Jersey
September 1991: 4. An account of investigations at the Postal Service of
mutilation of Crew's mail
- "U.K. Premiere of Not That Kind of Christian," Leith Film
Festival, Scotland Viewing on August 8th, 2007
- "Under the Wire," New
Writer's Magazette March/April, 1988: 8. Notices for Dragon Disks
- "US Church faces three challenges from gays ," Church of
England Newspaper No. 5653 (18th February 2003). Reports Crew's candidacy
for President of the House of Deputies. From 13th February
- "Varied Tales," Advocate September 1991. Robert
Peters praises Crew's 'delicate, beautifully erotic short story, Ben's Eyes, in
- "Various references to Louie Crew," Exodus: Why Americans
Are Fleeing Liberal Churches for Conservative Christianity by Dave
Shiflett. NYC: Penguin Books, 2005. 196pp. Crew refs on pp. 4, 32-33
- "Various references to Louie Crew," Going to Heaven: The
Life and Election of Bishop Gene Robinson by Elizabeth Adams. Brooklyn:
Soft Skull Press, 2006. 292 pp. Crew refs: Acknowledgments, 49, 52, 69, 78,
195-6, 260, 272, 286 (note 2), 288 (note 11)
- "Verse Tourney: Contest Offers Outlet for High School
Students," Star-Ledger Sunday, April 24, 1994. Section 1, p. 59.
Peggy McGlone writes about the Rutgers poetry contest which Crew directs.
Includes picture of Crew w/ winners
- "Vestry Asks Integrity Founder to Leave His Own Parish,"
Integrity Gay Episcopal Forum 2.6 (April 1976: 1
- "Viewing of Not That Kind of Christian,"
Riversedge Film Festival 2007 in Paducah, Kentucky, August 16-19, 2007
- "Viewing of Not That Kind of Christian," Rome [Georgia]
International Film Festival September 6-9, 2007
- "Visit of Louis [sic] Crew," Seminary eNews: General
Theological Seminary 5.5 (May 2010).
- "Voices of
General Convention," Episcopal Life 5.9 (October 1994): 18-19.
Includes a photograph of Crew with several sentences from his sermon at
Integrity's 20th anniversary Eucharist
- "Waging Peace: How Two Episcopalians -- One Liberal, One
Conservative -- Have Learned to Say Reconciliation," Christianity
Today 45:9 (July 9, 2001): 42-47. By Doug LeBlanc about his friendship
with Louie Crew
- "Waking Up Blind: Lawsuits Over Eye Surgery," Minneapolis:
Langdon Street Press 2009. By Tom Harbin, MD. Page 217. Acknowledges
Crew as his high school English teacher (1961-62) 'who spread the writing seed'
- "Walking Humbly on the Camino de Santiago," Episcopal
Cafe Donald Schell acknowledges Crew's resolution to correct the BCP
misquotation of Micah 5:2
- "Walking in the Truth: Winning arguments at church conventions is
not enough without compassion for homosexuals," Christianity Today
August 2000. An editorial by Douglas LeBlanc who asserts that Crew and Andrew
Sullivan correctly frame the debate as concerning the boundaries of marriage
- "We Were Drawn Together Because of Our Differences," Living
Church 220.26:7-8 (June 25, 2000. By Douglas LeBlanc. An account of the
South Bend meeting of the New Commandment Task Force, of which Crew was co-chair
- "'We're different but not abnormal': Case Two," Hong Kong
Standard July 23, 1987: 5. By Lydia Lam. Refers to Crew as Dr. Lee
- "What Do You Think of Dr. Louie Crew?,"
christianity.com from October 6, 2005
- "What God Is Up To in Choosing
Us," Integrity in Virginia June 1999. p. 2. Reprints Louie Crew's
resume as introduction towards his July dinner presentation
- "What I Heard Louie Crew Say," Integrity/Virginia by
Cynthia Gilliat. From October 2003. Reports Crew's presentation at Claiming
the Blessing, a conference in St. Louis, 7-8 November 2002. Pages 9=10
- "What will Barry tell God about us?," Diocesan Life
April 1992: B. 'The Editor's Column.' Bill Lewellis acknowledges and draws
heavily upon Crew's article in Christianity & Crisis, March 1992
- "When I Was Young," Issues 2000. No. 4 (July 7,
2000): 2. Ted Mollegen reflects on Psalm 40:15 and its connection to Louie Crew
- "When the Priest is a Woman," TBA 1999. A book by
Kelley A Raab. Cites Crew's statistics in his web report 'Female Priests in
ECUSA' in two chapters
- "Where We Are: Women at General Convention," GTS .
Pam Darling's address at GTS on April 19, 1999. Cites Crew's 'Women Priests in
the Episcopal Church' and uses his graphs
- "Why I Would Not Support Such a Resolution," Good News
St. Paul's and St. James New Haven, CT, July 2003, p. 13. The Rev. Eric Turner
quotes Crew to show why he will not support lbgt issues at General Convention
- "Windsor Report and the American Evasion of Communion,"
Anglican Communion Institute by Ephraim Radner, December 14, 2004.
Attacks Crew for defending 'pure autonomy' [Radner's reduction; not Crew's] for
The Episcopal Church
- "Witchcraft vs. Christian Spiritual Warfare," Classical
Anglican Net News by A. (Red) Hill form August 16, 2000
- "WLGN conference a success," Chicago Gay Life
Thursday, July 28, 1983: 1, 3, 7. Reports Crew's keynote to the Wisconsin
Lesgay Network. Includes a photo by Ron Geiman
- "Word for the Clerical Gays," Guardian [U.K.] May 28,
1991: 17. By Walter Schwarz, who cites Crew's correspondence with the new
Archbishop of Canterbury
- "Word Processing: Blurbs for Louie Crew's Muses and Styled,"
Public (software) Library 1987: 11. Edited by Nelson Ford. Muses as
2-WP-804; Styled as 2-WP-805
- "'Write' Stuff," Shareware Magazine 3.5 (1988): 14,
16. By Barry Kolp. Reviews shareware for writers; highly promotes Crew's
Styled and Muses
- "Writing in Hong Kong," Comp Post November 1987: 4.
Comment about Crew's assignments has headnote to a reprinting Crew's student's
essay 'How to Become' (by Chow Oi Lin)
- "Writing Style/Readability Checkers Add to Your Word
Processing," Computers & Composition 5.1 (1987): 67-73. By Tom
Mortenson. Reviews Styled
- "Writing Style/Readability Checkers to Add to Your Word
Processing," Hawkeye PC Newsletter 6.5 (1987): 6-9. By Tom
- "X-Rated Slang Outrages Students and Lecturers," South
China Young Post May 8, 1987: 8. By Alfred Hille