[HoB/D] Do Justice! a new series of Essays, towards GC 2003

Geoff Curtiss and Marge Christie, both colleagues on the Newark
deputation, have pointed out to me a dangerous mistake on page 846 of the
Book of Common Prayer:

Q. What response did God require from the chosen people?
A. God required the chosen people to be faithful; to love justice, to do
   mercy, and to walk humbly with their God.

That's not what Scripture says:

    He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
        and what does the LORD require of you
    but to do justice, and to love mercy,
        and to walk humbly with your God?
			Micah 6:8

It is easier to love justice than to do it; it is easier to be merciful
than to love mercy.

At General Convention in 2003 God is calling us to do justice and to love
mercy.

The Rev. Dr. Mark Harris has inaugurated this series with his important
essay "Ruthless Realism and the Situation in which the Church actually
finds Itself": Notes Towards a Mission Focus for the 21st Century, at

         http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/dojustice.html

Dr. Harris wrote the inaugural essay for each of two other series -- Joy
Anyway! at http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/joy.html -- and
ASSAYS:  Essays towards GC 2000 at
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/assays.html.  I rejoice in his talent and
insight, and am grateful for  his generosity in using these forums.

I encourage you to submit your essays for consideration for this series.
Send them to lcrew@newark.rutgers.edu Identify yourself by name, snail
address, parish, and other connections to the Episcopal Church. Please
encourage others to do the same.

Lutibelle/Louie
L1, Nwk