Finance Reform for Elections/Consecrations of Bishops

It is time for episcopal elections and consecrations of bishops to be
financed to reflect servant ministry as a model for this millenium.  Too
many now resemble more closely the enthronement of monarchs.  Much of the
expense could be more appropriately directed to enable the servant
ministry of the new bishop.

I believe that a task force of leaders from both houses of GC needs to
review the current practices and to make detailed recommendations.

I would be interested in others' views of finance reform.

Would anyone like to collaborate to draft a resolution for GC 2003? Do we
need canonical changes or just a resolution?  Should we call for a task
force?  Should we charge the task force to specify a percent limit of the
diocesan budget to be devoted to such expenses?....