Scurrility that gives new meaning to the Psalms

        For my enemies speak concerning me,
        and those who watch for my life consult together.
                               Psalm 71:10

At http://www.prayerbook.ca/cann0208.htm the Rev Dr. Peter Toon
writes:

     "At Oporto in March 2000 I took photographs of the four
     of them arm in arm walking down a city street (Mr
     Carey with Mrs Griswold, Mr Griswold with Mrs Carey)
     and I beheld the horror and amazement of certain Primates
     from the "South" on seeing this exchange of partners. It was
     powerful symbolism of how close they are and how
     identified they are in wanting community."

Toon begins this article by describing himself:  "As one who has been
much involved, assisting Canon Bill Atwood, in the production and
distribution of TO MEND THE NET" -- the book by which Archbishops
Gomez and Sinclair are trying to rally primates to punish ECUSA.

Is there no bottom to the incivility of ECUSA's enemies?

L.
Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., #12D, East Orange, NJ 07018-1225
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew   973-395-1068

And here is Bishop Sinclair's response:

>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:20:45 -0300
>From: Sinclair Mauricio <sinclair@salnet.com.ar>
>To: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
>Subject: Re: [HoB/D] part 2 of proposal for Enhanced Responsibility  (fwd)

Dear Dr. Crew,

Thank you for your offer to send contributions from your e-mail list giving
selectively what you think I should read, I would be most grateful.

Thank you too for the offer to post any reply I should make.  Let me begin
with a comment on your own message of 28th January.  When Peter Toon wrote
that piece on the internet, to which you refer, he was careful to say it
was
his own personal view.  You did not mention that, but instead went on to
link him with "enemies" of ECUSA associated with "To Mend the Net".   I
would point out that all who have worked with me in articulating this
proposal for the future, care deeply that ECUSA should be loyal to the
person and teachings of Christ.   This concern springs from friendship not
enmity.

Yours in Christ,

Maurice Sinclair