The dialogue that Lambeth promised

On Yesterday 9:25am bishop wrote:

> Hello,
> Thanks for your many mails I have received so far.  I have a request and a
> very important one at that.  Please and please remove this address from
> your list of pro-gay materials.  I believe I have the right to read what I
> want to.  And since these mails are unsolicited, I would like to be spared
> the ordeal of materials I believe do not help me.  Like my Lord and Saviour
> Jesus Christ said, I want to be careful of what I read (hear).  If He is my
> Lord I must obey Him, not because of I am afraid, but because I know He
> loves me and works the best for my life.  Words have power and if you hear
> the wrong thing for so long, you will be sure that it is right.  He, my
> Lord, has commanded me to keep my heart with all diligence for the issues
> of life come from it.  I have decided to choose life and not death.  Your
> choice is yours whatever it is.  But like God Himself enjoins, choose life.
>  Know man can be gay or lesbian if such have not refused to agree with
> God's knowledge (absolutes)  and so he is then given a reprobate mind that
> can do what is not right.  Even sexuality is evident in nature in all
> living things that are gendered. It is always male to female.  It is part
> of the great diversity of our God that produces harmony when allowed to run
> according to His rules.  God has absolutes and 'anything does not just
> goes' with God.  Even as His son or daughter, His mercy will still 'punish'
> (reap the outcome of your sin) you if you sin (do you still have that word
> in your dictionary), even though you are forgiven as you repent.
> All Blessings.
> Olasoji Elijah.
> Sec. to the Bishop.

Gentle Bishop Olajide,

Your request is quite reasonable, and I have removed both addresses from
the mailer.

I apologize for any inconvenience to you.

I will keep them in the web listing of all Anglican bishops, in hopes that
this will help you connect.

I do not have the facility to filter out messages by subjects based on
individual preferences.

As a gay Christian, I encourage you to reconsider your decision to shut
yourself off from talking with us sinners.  Jesus came not for the
righteous, but for sinners like me.  He spent time with sinners, and
people mocked him for being their friend.  They would not likely have
spent time with him if he had spoken to them or about them the way that
you speak about gay Christians whom you have not even tried to know.

God has blessed me enormously, and I give thanks for my redemption in our
Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  I rejoice in your ministry.  If ever I can
help you connect to resources, I will gladly do so.

Joy to you!
Lutibelle/Louie

Louie Crew, Secretary of The Standing Commission on Anglican &
International Peace with Justice Concerns
377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018. 973-395-1068
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html  Anglican Pages