Those with this affliction

> I feel lead to reply to the many notes going back and forth concerning
> the issue in Vermont.  The degree to which many of you are celebrating
> this event is the very degree to which I and many others are feeling
> sorrow and pain for this church and for those souls trapped in the
> psychological disorder which is homosexuality.  We must as a church reach
> out in love to those with this affliction, and lead them to healing and
> wholeness....

> Fr. Christopher Keough, OSF
> Delegate, Diocese of Milwaukee

Chris,

Yes, lesbians and gays can be sick.  When I read your post to my
husband, he said that he hopes that you can point him to a physician
who can heal the chronic back pain he has had for years.

We need wholeness indeed, and it must begin with both Houses at GC. We
do not promote wholeness by talking about colleagues as sick,
especially when we have not even met them. There are far more civil
ways to disagree, and we urgently need to collaborate across our
disagreements.

Let me treat you to lunch while we are in Denver.  I taught at the
University of Wisconsin years before you went there, and I am sure
that we have many other connections in ministry to share.

Welcome to the House of Deputies.  Call on me if I can help you
connect in any way.

Lutibelle/Louie
Louie Crew, Ph.D., D.D., Chair of the Newark Deputation
377 S. Harrison St., #12D, East Orange, NJ 07018-1225
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew   973-395-1068

               There are 107 days left until General Convention.