An indulgence: Asparagus Casserole

one can of the best brand asparagus spears
one small can of Pet Milk
1/4 pound grated sharp cheese
a hand full of pitted green olives (only if you like them)
4 boiled eggs sliced
toasted bread crumbs
a table spoon of flour
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of butter
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of toasted almond slivers

In a double boiler make a white sauce. Use one cup of liquid including
the juice of the canned asparagus with pet milk to fill the rest of a
cup.  Stir in  the flour, salt, pepper, butter and paprika.  When the
sauce has thickened, stir in grated cheese,  and the almond slivers.
Last, stir in the asparagus (and olives if you like them).  Pour the
mixture into a greased casserole, making several layers of sauce and
sliced boiled eggs (with no egg on top).  Top the casserole with the
bread crumbs.  Cover.  Cook for half an hour at 350 degrees.  Serve
hot.

I made the same casserole for my husband when we carried each other
across the threshold 26 years ago today, and tonight I will again
serve it with a filet, baked potato and the original dessert of
vanilla ice cream and strawberries over a meringue pie.

Unfortunately, we can't tote each other at this age, nor can I find
any narcissuses.  We put two of them on the sideboard  that first
time, next to the BCP. It is much colder in NJ than it was in Georgia
in 1974, but two roses will suffice.

For an early reminiscence of the first night, see
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/2grooms.html  This time again it
will be just the two of us and the Holy Spirit.

God is good. Her love is boundless.  His mercy endures forever.

Joy to absolutely everybody!

Lutibelle/Louie

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., #12D, East Orange, NJ 07018-1225
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew   973-395-1068