Re: Lambeth, General Convention, Resolutions....

Gentle John, <JGHart@aol.com>

I have shared your thoughtful post with the Integrity list, where a
similar discussion is raging.  I agree with you that we who love our
Church and our Lord must be willing to explore all options to preserve our
vitality, and I appreciate the care with which you have described the
tensions as we strive not to violate our integrity and not to make peace
with oppression.

I am willing to go anywhere and to network with anyone to find more
peaceable ways for us to live together through the tensions of faithfully
held yet opposing positions.

I say that quite aware that lesbigay participation in discussions is one
of the main items many challenge.  I must in good conscience be suspicious
of new and sudden cries for time to talk from many who have until now
steadfastly refused to talk, preferring instead to pronounce anathema on
lesbians and gays.

Nevertheless, I am ready to talk even in the most hostile settings.  "Have
asbestos.  Will travel": I have a completely new wardrobe from Shedrack,
Meshack, & Abednego, Inc.

I have never been asked to speak or appear on a forum at a conservative
parish in ECUSA, and at precious few liberal ones. Yet I am invited more
than most lesbigays, and my presentations have almost always been
enthusiastically received.  Is that part of the problem?  Would we
lesbigays be more welcome if we lived down to the stereotypes?

Earlier abolitionists delighted to hear from runaway slaves.  Most modern
liberals prefer to talk for us, often communicating, even if
unintentionally, the perceived risk of encountering the real thing.

Joy anyway!  Thank you for your witness.  Serving with you through the
years, I have noticed that you wait before speaking, and that when you
speak, I should pay close attention.  I respect you immensely and value
your counsel.

Lutibelle/Louie

===Your message: