Re: Bp. Doss resigns (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:59:11 +0000
From: Alan French <acfrench@bellatlantic.net>
To: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Cc: Bishops and Deputies Online <hod@andromeda.rutgers.edu>,
    zeta@andromeda.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Bp. Doss resigns

Louie:

You win the award for being first out with news; however, it appears to be
premature. The Standing Committee was invited to meet yesterday with some
members of the Diocesan Council. An outline of a "proposed agreement" was
discussed, but neither Diocesan Body has been able to discuss the "proposed
agreement" with it in hand. Both the Standing Committee and the Council
will meet later today in Princeton and hopefully will have an agreement in
hand.

As President of the Standing Committee I have not yet received formal
notification that the "Proposed Agreement" is acceptable to Bishop Doss.

My hope for our Diocese and for Bishop Doss and his family is that we are
on the road to an agreement which will bring peace to all concerned.

Alan C. French