Re: Voting on controversial issues

Thanks for sharing your perspective.  Bishop Payne seems muck kinder and
less vitriolic than his predecessor.  I respect Bishop Payne's commitment
to evangelism:  the news won't be good if not preached to Samaritans and
Jews alike, but Bishop Payne needs some time and nudging to understand
that.

Bishop Payne has faced dreadful abuse by those who want to tar him as a
liberal.  I do not intend to tar him, only to challenge him on this one
point:  if you come asking for a bargain, as he did, you need to have
something to offer.

Joy to you!
Lutibelle/Louie

      Louie Crew, English Dept., Rutgers, Newark, NJ 07102 973-485-4503
           Chair, Rutgers University Senate.  Board of Governors.
                        http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew