Beware the Bishops of Laodicea

The late Rt. Rev. John Krumm (Southern Ohio) told me over lunch years ago,
"They argued fiercely at the Council of Nicea.  Who on earth do we think
we are in the House of Bishops that we dare not let anyone see us argue?"

I grieve just as much to see Public Relations folks manipulate and control
Bishop Stanton and other conservatives as I grieve to see them manipulate
my beloved bishop, Jack Spong.  Enough already!  The Anglican Communion is
in much more danger from efforts to silence debate than it is from
listening to and voting openly about deeply held convictions fervently
expressed.

God already knows our divisions. Whom are we trying to fool by pretending
to a unity that is not there? God loves us in spite of our divisions: can
we not love one another enough to hear and be heard?

The Kingdom of God is not in the hands of the Lambeth Conference, but the
integrity of the Anglican Communion is.

Lutibelle/Louie

      Louie Crew, English Dept., Rutgers, Newark, NJ 07102 973-485-4503
           Chair, Rutgers University Senate.  Board of Governors.
                        http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew

               Homosexuality is not a decision; heterosexism is.