Re: FW: Telegraph URL and the Times URL for 8/3/98

Thanks for the pointers. I preferred the spin in the TELEGRAPH.  At least
she welcomed the candor rather than taking it as clear evidence of a
doomed Anglican Communion.

As angry as bishops are on all sides, I can't believe that 10 years hence
they (or their successors)  won't accept an invitation to come have a
fussy tea party all over again.

Nothing the bishops say or do there is binding on their constituents. Nor
will what they say at the Conference likely make much difference in the
growth or decline of the Church in any of their varied Sees when they
return home.  That can happen only one Christian at a time as God uses you
and me to communicate God's love.

I.e., the Christian revolution won't be televised.