Anglican: Bishop Vicky Gene

The Archbishop wrote to Gene right after we announced our candidates, but
Gene told almost no one, and advised me to tell no one. Hence my
silence until this moment, after the election and after someone else has
made the Archbishop's action public.

Although the Archbishop's action might have won Gene some votes, Gene is
not about the job of 'winning votes.' He chose not to make the
archbishop's action public lest by doing so, he himself would put
sexuality forward as a central issue of the election.

Sexuality never was a major issue for any of the nominees nor for most of
the voters here.  The three lesbigay members of the nominating committee
supported all our nominees equally.  As did all of the other members of
the Committee, we actively promoted all nominees equally.

Gene is not centered on himself, but on Christ.  He is a person of
enormous integrity and deep spirituality

That's what episcopal elections should be about, and all of our nominees
helped to make it so.  Thanks be to God!

Lutibelle/Louie, Secretary
The Nominating Committee

      Louie Crew, English Dept., Rutgers, Newark, NJ 07102 973-485-4503
           Chair, Rutgers University Senate.  Board of Governors.
                        http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew