[edot] Diocese of Newark's relations with the rest of the church

> >Pray that the church in Newark will find a Christ-centered bishop to repair
> >some of the relations with the rest of the church.
> >
> >Tom Fitzhugh
> >Christ Church Cathedral
> >
> AMEN TOM AND RIGHT ON.  THOSE LAST TWO STATEMENTS SAY IT ALL.  Especially the
> last.  We must all pray for Newark and their new Bishop.

Regarding "relations with the rest of the church," on issues about which
your diocese and mine disagree, the last General Convention voted with the
Diocese of Newark far more often than it did with the Diocese of Texas.

Both dioceses are trying as best we can to center on Christ's will.  May
God give us all discernment.

The best way both dioceses can improve relations with the rest of hte
church is to love one another without waiting for agreement.

Thanks for your prayers.  Keep at them.  Lift up the nominees by name:
Gene, Gray, Jack, Jack, Rosemari, & Will.

Nwk Deputy & Standing Committee member, Sectry of Nominating Committee

      Louie Crew, English Dept., Rutgers, Newark, NJ 07102 973-485-4503
           Chair, Rutgers University Senate.  Board of Governors.
                        http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew

  There are  3  days until the election of the Bishop Coadjutor of Newark.