Re: [HoB/D] Baptism & Eucharist

The best welcome I have encountered is the one Phil Wilson+, rector of the
Church of the Redeemer in Morristown, NJ, uses:

	The only requirement at God's table is that you be hungry.

Even Jesus would risk a presentment to make that point.  Contrast this
perverse rendering from the Beelzebub Emendations:

  One of the criminals who were hanged there kept deriding him and saying,
  "Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us!" But the other
  rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are
  under the same sentence of condemnation?  And we indeed have been
  condemned justly, for we are getting what we deserve for our
  deeds, but this man has done nothing wrong."  Then he said,
  "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

   Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise,
   but first, one of my disciples must baptize you.  We'll also need a
   notary to certify that you have earnestly repented of all your sins.
   Otherwise some future liberal will suggest that grace is cheap.

   "It's important to have proof that you are not just hedging your bets.
   I am sure that you agree that you have not repented adquately
   merely by saying you are getting what you deserve.  I hope you
   will agree to set the record strait.  That's why I am here for you"

      Luke 23:39-43