RE: YouTube - Information R/evolution

  • Subject: RE: YouTube - Information R/evolution
  • From: LOUIE CREW <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:38:22 -0600 (CST)

Regarding:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4CV05HyAbM

I'm late watching this video, but thank you for pointing me to it.
I look forward to the day when youtube screens are four times the
size they now are.

I am constantly amazed by what I discover when I stop asking my
questions in traditional formats that limit what I will find.

What would communication be like if to us, not just to God,  all
hearts were open, all desires known, and no secrets were hidden?

Suppose we could hear on an iPod the prayers of all around us, with
the static and interference.  After the twenty-thousandth exact
repetition would we protest in boredom?

Suppose we could hear what is going on in another's head that has not
yet taken shape as a prayer or as any other declarative statement.
Not just the confessions, but the affirmations, the celebrations, the
certainties, the uncertainties...

Is that what God hears?  What does God know when God knows ALL
desires?  That's one hellova computer.    What difference does it
make that God knows?  Does God care?  About it all?

What do individuals mean when we say the creed?  What about the parts
that could not be measured with a lie-detector test?  What shared
understanding, if any, do people in the average congregation (if such
a congregation exists) have about the meaning when they say "begotten
not made" or "of one being with the father....."   If those who
'believe' it don't understand it in the same way, is it of any
meaning to say "they believe the holy spirit proceeds from the father
(and the son)"?

What are the real things we believe about God, about each other?

Google gave me   "about 342,000" hits for "I believe that God is a".
If I were to sit in a cave or in a comfortable study and read all
342,000, would I know more about God?  More about the ones completing
these statements?  Both?

If I want to know God, rather than just about God.....?

Louie

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12d, East Orange, NJ 07018.
973-395-1068
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew