Re: " Sheep " care & feeding

> I don't think Americans can buy mutton - I've not seen it on a menu or
> at a butcher's or even in the 3,000 Christmas gift catalogues full
> of overpriced food gifts that I have so far gotten in the mail ...

Ah, but wait until Easter.  That's the slaughter time, Lamb and lamb alike.
Few lambs are birthing now with winter just 20 days away.

Few sights are quite so splendid as watching new lambs gamboling when the
forsythia blooms in Kent on your way to Canterbury.

I wish they weren't so hard on the gout, or I'd have shanks once a week.
Folks in my neighborhood call gout "the rich man's disease."  Port, smoked
salmon, raw oysters, lamb.......  ouch, the worst offenders,  but oh, so
good.  That's why God made Allopurinol.

Little lamb, who et thee?
Dost thou know who et thee?

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew