RE: [HoB/D] "No one's business except his spouse's"

********, I agree with you fully that one's sexuality is the business of all
in the community.  You remind us with clear examples that there are healthy
and responsible ways to live out the gift of sexuality, and there are
destructive ways.

However, I do not trust you to discern the fitness of lgbt candidates in
these matters.  You have pre-judged in advance that all lgbts are unfit --
including thousands whom you have never met or examined.  You have also
announced your condemnation of us as unfit on numerous occasions.  It is
clear that you are not open to discerning how well or poorly a potential
lgbt bishop or priest has integrated sexuality and spirituality.  In
focusing primarily on sex narrowly construed, you have cut yourself off from
asking a full range of crucial questions.

As a diocese open to considering lgbts for priesthood, we in Newark have far
more extensive experience of turning down lgbts than do dioceses where lgbts
know that it would waste their time even to apply.  Lgbts are no better, and
no worse, than straights in discerning their gifts.   Like all persons, they
deserve the dignity of being treated as whole persons by our discernment
processes.  That's why TEC's canon guarantees access to the process while
explicitly denying for anyone a 'right' to ordination.

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew