[HoBD] Sneaking blessings as private pastoral responses

Suppose Jesus had said to the disciples when they brought the fast food,
"Now don't you dare tell anybody that you saw me speaking to the Samaritan
woman.  You know and I know that God loves everyone, that God is a spirit
and that those who worship God don't have to be like us or even come to our
temple to do it, but don't dare let that word get out in Jerusalem.  They're
not ready for it yet.!"

Christianity would have died before it ever even got started.

Even in the 1940s and 50s if you looked long enough and carefully enough,
you could find a priest who would perform a house blessing which 'those who
needed to know' would recognize as the blessing of the lgbt couple who lived
there.

Enough already!   Shall not that which has been done in secret be
proclaimed, if not from the rooftops or from BRIDES MAGAZINE or from Lambeth
Palace, at least from bishops in The Episcopal Church?

Thanks to the friend who reminded me of Orwell's prophecy regarding the New
Orleans statement  "All animals are equal. Some are more equal than others"
(ANIMAL FARM).

LGBTs don't need the TEC's blessings nearly as much as straight
Episcopalians need the joy and fullness that comes with being generous and
kind.   Hearts turn to stone and people spiritually die when they knot up in
stinginess.

Choose life!

Louie
Newark deputy