RE: [HoB/D] Episcopal Bishops Reject Anglican Church's Orders

> it  apparently depends on whether one wants to see the glass half full or
> half empty.

Not if your name is The Very Rev. Tracey Lind. Not if you are a lbgt priest
with qualifications which a nominating committee considers outstanding.

> Affirming the dignity of glbt folks is just what Lambeth has done and what
> the WIndsor report did.

Not if your name is The Very Rev. Tracey Lind.  Not if you are a lbgt priest
with qualifications which a nominating committee considers outstanding.

If you want to test how affirmed glbts' dignity is, try visiting a parish
where you are not known and introducing yourself as glbt to everyone at the
coffee hour.

The Presiding Bishop said we have found "a place to stand, at the foot of
the cross."  What you say does not sound like you are at the foot of the
cross, but only an analyst at a safe distance.  Is the Presiding Bishop
talking just about glbts?

What time and effort will you give to assure civil rights of glbts in your
diocese between now and GC 2009?  What will you do to hold your own bishop
accountable to that pledge?  Or is that just a rhetorical flourish in the
House of Bishops' statement?

B033 remains the resolve of TEC.  It is unholy:  It presumes to tell the
Holy Spirit whom God may or may not call.  The people who voted for it did
not believe in it: a few hours earlier, they had roundly rejected almost the
same language.  They voted for it only to reserve a seat at an institutional
tea party, at which Jesus would probably not feel welcome, given the company
he prefers to keep.

Louie
Newark deputation