[LS] Bp Howe cancels... (fwd)

fyi.  Quoted with Fr. Liebler's permission.

Louie

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 07:59:51 -0400
From: John Liebler <jliebler@bellsouth.net>
To: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Bp Howe cancels...

Louie,

You are correct.  It would be inconceivable for an independent school like
Trinity Prep to seek episcopal approval for a play.  That doesn't happen,
nor does the Bishop ask or expect it.  He learned about La Cage in the
Orlando Sentinel.

I assume your subject line comes from the Sentinel, which is misleading.
The Head acted upon the Bishop's request.  The Bishop had no authority to
cancel anything and was rather surprised that the Head acquiesced.  Remember
that Orange and Seminole counties are politically conservative, as is the
diocese.  I can only assume that the Head received complaints from rich
alumni, which the Head must have weighed in his decision.

John Liebler
Permission to quote