Re: [LS] Bp Howe cancels La Cage aux Folles

Re:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-play0107sep01,0,2210448.story?coll=orl-lifestyle-col

I taught for three years in one of the finest Episcopal schools (St.
Andrew's in Middletown, Delaware, 1962-65), and it would never have occurred
to anyone on the faculty to clear any curricular or theatrical decisions
with the bishop (then Rt. Rev. Brooke Mosley, later president of Union in
NYC); nor would the bishop have understood why the school would hire anyone
who was so insecure as to seek his approval for intellectual decisions we
were hired to make.

Is Bloom right?  Has the American mind been shut tight?  Even in independent
schools?

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew