Re: "Mayor Issues Apology Demanded by Homosexuals - But Not One They Expect"

  • To: Mayor Jim Naugle, Ft. LauderdalE
  • Subject: Re: "Mayor Issues Apology Demanded by Homosexuals - But Not One They Expect"
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:56:02 -0400

Re: http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/jul/07072604.html

Honorable Jim Naugle,

I applaud you for standing up to those who abuse public spaces with sexual
intercourse.

I urge you to be just as vigorous in assuring that gays have access to safe
public spaces in which to assemble and get to know one another as whole
persons. Your zeal should be no more restrictive to lgbts than to straights.
Even though I am not interested in their romance, I take no offense when I
see couples holding hands or necking in public parks, regardless of their
plumbing. Otherwise, you might just as well pass an edict against Spring.

Where parks are available for weddings and other celebrations, they should
be available to all.  The 'goodbye' or 'welcome home' kiss at the airport
that I give to my life partner of 33 years is just that, a 'goodbye' or
'welcome home' kiss, not a time bomb to destroy the civilization.

Best wishes.

Louie Crew

Louie Crew, Ph.D., D.D., D.D., D.H.L.
Head of the Diocese of Newark deputation to General Convention of the
Episcopal Church
377 S. Harrison St., 12d, East Orange, NJ 07018.  973-395-1068
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew

cc: Bishop Leo Frade, the Recent deputies from Southeast Florida et al.