RE: Lambeth invitations and Scott-Joynt's threat

  • Subject: RE: Lambeth invitations and Scott-Joynt's threat
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:58:57 -0400 (EDT)

Most of us are tempted to go into snits from time to time.
Regardless of how much we are provoked, snits and hissy fits are
always childish and often, as in this case, they boomerang to isolate
the snitters even further.

If I don't like what is going on, I have far more chance to
influence the solution by remaining, especially if I treat those
those who would do me harm with genuine love and respect.

Nothing is of enough value for us to lose our character to obtain it.

If I need respite from an oppressive or stifling space, I leave
and re-enter quietly. I don't bang any doors. I don't protest.
I unsubscribe or set to 'no mail' and just as quietly re-enter.

A friend long active in the struggle for inclusion of African
Americans in TEC counseled me once: "Louie, if others exaggerate your
strength, as they often will, don't ever disillusion them. Let them
live with the evil imaginations of their own hearts for a spell."