Exodus Director rethinks 'curing' gays....."it may not be a choice after all" (or the X-Rated heterosexual imagination)

When I was working on my doctorate at the University of Alabama (1966-70),
the Psychological Clinic there offered a therapy of behavioral modification
for male homosexuals who wanted it.  An employee of that unit explained to
me that the therapy involved wiring the homosexual's genitals to a device
that monitored tumescence while the homosexual looked at pornography.  If
tumescence occurred when the person looked at same-sex pornography, the
device administered electric shock to the genitals.  If tumescence occurred
when the homosexual looked at opposite-sex pornography,......

I don't know what happened in this latter instance.  Perhaps the person was
given banana pellets.

I did not pay any further attention to the invitation, except to fantasize
going to hell so that when the inventors called for ice water I might send
them steam.

Genesis states boldly that when God made our equipment, God did not turn out
the light or smirk, but said, as of all creation, "It is good."

Lutibelle/Louie

New ground in debate on 'curing' gays

Christian ministries who see homosexuality as a treatable disorder are
starting to think that choice may not be a factor.
By Stephanie Simon   LA Times Staff Writer

June 18, 2007

Alan Chambers directs Exodus International, widely described as the nation's
largest ex-gay ministry. But when he addresses the group's Freedom
Conference at Concordia University in Irvine this month, Chambers won't
celebrate successful "ex-gays."

Truth is, he's not sure he's ever met one.

See the full article at:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-exgay18jun18,0,4259057.story?coll=la-home-center