Re: [epdionwk] To the Presiding Bishop and the Bishops of the Episcopal Church

I like the suggestion but am nervous about how the ACC has repeatedly
abused those identified as "guest".  E.g., Executive Council voted to send
as guests our duly elected members of the Anglican Consultative Council at
Nottingham.  (Kim Byham and I voted with the minority that said we should
send them as fully participating members, as they are entitled by ACC's
own constitution.)  As guests, they were not ever allowed to speak; no one
formally sought them out to listen to them; they were isolated from some
of the sessions.  (TEC was paying 33% of the costs directly, and through
other grant mechnisms, at least half of the costs of the ACC.)  And while
they were thus "out of the room," the primate members of the ACC pushed
for legislation to give the primates more authority on the ACC.

Beware of what we ask for when we ask to be "guests."

It is fascinating to me that scholars have identified the major sin of
Sodom to be inhospitality.

Louie