RE: [HoB/D] Honorary D.D.s

*********** ***** wrote:

> Addressing the holder of earned an earned doctorate in a field other
> than medicine or dentistry as "Dr." is fraught with pitfalls.

Pitfalls indeed!

In 1971 when I earned my Ph.D., it went to my head, so I ordered new checks
with "Dr. Louie Crew" printed on them.

Prices of several unmarked items seemed to get more expensive than before.
But the real kicker was on an airline, when a fight attendant rushed up to
me mid-trip and said, "Dr. Crew, we need you immediately.  A passenger is
having a baby at seat A12."

"But I am not that kind of doctor!" I exclaimed.

"You are now!" he replied, handing me some clean towels.

It's much easier to be just a quean.  Anyone who calls me "doctor" after 5p
should turn into a purple pumpkin.

Lutibelle/Louie, Newark deputation
Ph.D., D.D., D.D., D.H.L.

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew