Is the proposed covenant innocuous?

Fr. ******** ********  wrote:

> Those proposals which may empower one or more of the institutions
> with extra authority are proposed to be used only in the direst of
> circumstances leaving the Provinces to govern themselves.

******, why should TEC take heart from your assurance?  We already know how
the primates determine "the direst of circumstances."

Is it war? No.

Pestilence?  No.

Episcopal complicity in genocide?  No.

Rank economic injustice?  No.

Famine?  No.

Plague?  No.

Ecological disaster?  No...

Not one of those dire circumstances has provoked extra-ordinary primatial
meetings, primatial extra-ordinary invasions of ecclesiastical jurisdiction,
extra-ordinary silencing of duly elected representatives, extra-ordinary
demonization of a bishop....

It's one thing to ignore an elephant in the living room.  It's quite another
to build an arc for a covenant to hide the elephant.

Lutibelle/Louie, Newark deputy

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew