Why join a club that doesn't want you?

> I totally agree, Father *****, LGBTs are children of God=no rights, rites,
> or substantive membership in the club. Why join a club that doesn't want
> you?
>
> *********

That makes perfect sense if you are joining to be served, as one would
expect to be at a club.  However, the church is not a club, but the Body of
Christ. In it we are called not to be served, but to serve. We do not come
at the bidding of those momentarily in charge, but at the invitation of the
Lord of the feast.  If we don't show up, the church won't be the church.

If you want to be served and to be respected by the Church, shop around and
find a denomination and a congregation that is farthest along in doing that.
Rejoice when you do.  And give thanks to those who came before you and
worked to make it a safe and nurturing space; rest assured, not one church
has always been so.  Once there, devote your full energy to make it safe for
those not yet welcome; look around you and you will discern who is missing.
Go out and find them. Risk giving up your own welcome to make them welcome.

Or if called, find the church that doesn't welcome you.  .  Bring the
sacrificial love of Christ to them, not to receive God's blessing, but
because you already have it.  Speak that truth to them in season and out of
season as you make your gifts available to serve among them. I assure you
that your cruet will never run dry, that you can never give as much as you
will receive, try though you must.  Love your enemies.  Do good to those who
abuse you and say all manner of evil against you falsely for your faith's
sake.  Rejoice and be exceedingly glad.

The Lord is risen indeed, hallelujah!