Would others say this of your parish, of your diocese?

>> After I finally admitted to myself that I would never invite someone
>> who was not already Christian or Episcopalian, and looking for a church,
>> into my church, lest they be abused, I started to wonder why I go
>> myself...

Thus wrote a friend of mine when I asked whether she is still involved in
the Episcopal Church.  Might someone write that of your parish?  Of your
diocese?

She is a NASA scientist, as is her spouse.  When I first met them almost two
decades ago, they were a straight couple.  Now her spouse has transitioned
from male to female.

My friend explained further:

>> Most religious gays in ******  used to go to Roman Catholic
>> churches when ****** was the RC bishop, as he was such a great
>> advocate, but now that the new pope has put in an extremely conservative
>> bishop there I don't know if they have fled to the Episcopal church or
>> have just given up.  I, for one, am leaning toward the "give up"
>> side.  I'm so tired of it all.

Pray for the whole state of Christ's Church, all of it.

Lord, have mercy.  Christ, have mercy.

Louie, Newark deputy

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew