RE: Greetings from Bunyoro-Kitara!: --> Rethinking obedience in new contexts

[Note:  Thad Cox uses the address of Bishop Nathan Kyamanywa
Bishop of Bunyoro-Kitara]

Thanks for sharing the details of this crisis. I agree with you that God
never intended for us to overpopulate the world when God said, "Be fruitful
and multiply."  We need to re-think our obedience to that commandment.

We also need to rethink demands for strict obedience to the few commandments
forbidding homosexuality.  Unless unduly pressured to do so, homosexual
persons do not usually beget children, yet many of us serve society well as
educators, ministers, and other professionals.

The most neglected part the first commandment is that we love God with our
minds.

Best wishes.

LC
Louie Crew, Ph.D., D.D., D.D., D.H.L.