Who pulls the strings of the +++ABC?

XXXXX XXXXXX wrote:

> I doubt the ABC is being funded directly by the IRD. However some indirect....

As for conspiracy theories, I suspect that following the money would take me
more logically to Abuja than to the IRD office in Washington.

Think "BP," British Petroleum, one of the largest investors in Nigerian oil.
Remember that those who broker the appointment of the ABC have no required
connection to Anglicanism; they remain brokers by answering to the economics
of sterling.

When ++Frank Griswold visited Nigeria (late 2002 or early 2003), he and
those with him flew everywhere in jets that belonged to Nigerian oil
companies -- at the behest of ++Peter Akinola, of course.

Ecclesiastical warfare is often used as a smokescreen by power brokers with
little interest in what makes the smoke.  Often those most blind by the
smoke are those in the thick of the warfare.

The theory is not original with me; several colleagues have mentioned it in
conversation. I do not have the skills or the time to do the research, but
would welcome a chance to read the discoveries of experts who do.

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew