Re: Adam and Steve finally can swap vows at Disney

  • Subject: Re: Adam and Steve finally can swap vows at Disney
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 17:41:36 -0400 (EDT)

Part of the liberation of any oppressed group is the right of its members to
choose to be as disgustingly middleclass as the members of any other group
are free to choose to be.

Just because we are free to follow the standards of BRIDES MAGAZINE does
mean that we must aspire to so low a standard.

I ased Ernest a couple of weeks ago whether he will marry me yet again now
that NJ equity to our unions.  "Yes," he replied, "but only if you will buy
me a diamond ring."

"But, dear, I cannot afford a diamond ring, and why would you want another
ring anyway?  Aren't our simple wedding bands enough?  After all, doesn't 33
years of longevity count for something?...."

"No," he said, "it must be a diamond ring -- a huge one -- and you are not
allowed to pay more than one dollar and seventy-five cents for it. So get
yourself away from your computer and enjoy the dollar stores."