Re: Church must be safe for gays, Archbishop Williams says

Exxon and many of the other biggest polluters of the environment routinely
pay huge advertisement fees to tell us on the evening news about how
carefully they protect the environment.

Ask Jeffrey John how safe the church is for gays under Archbishop Williams'
archepiscopric.  Ask +Gene Robinson.

Or go to a town where you are not known and introduce yourself as
lbgt to the local Anglican leadership.  Move among them for a week incognito
and then ask yourself how safe Anglican space is.

LGBT Anglicans have taken to the bank Lambeth's promise to dialogue dozens
of times only to have the cheque bounce leaving us to pay -- some with
unemployment, all with increased stigma -- the fee for the Communion's
insufficient commitment to its promises.

Look at the price the Anglicans in Nigeria are asking lgbts to pay in the
church's vociferous support of fierce criminal penalties even for those who
advocate on our behalf.

Believe the Archbishop of Canterebury this time only when local lbgt
Anglicans are heard with respect and kindness by Anglicans in Abuja,
Kigalie, Kampala, Buenos Aires, Pershawar, Nairobe, Kitwe, Dhaka, Kinshasa,
Antananarivo, Nicosia.....

The Archbishop of Canterbury himself has steadfastly refused to meet with
lesbian and gay leadership in The Episcopal Church, against whom the
primates have led major charges naming us anathema.

Perhaps the Archbishop's promises this time will not be cheap window
dressing.  We live in hope.

Louie
Louie Crew, Ph.D., D.D., D.D., D.H.L.
Founder of Integrity
Chair of the Newark deputation to General Convention