Re: [HoB/D] Discussions about genetics

I must confess that I am not impressed by the genetic studies of
homosexuality.

Can you tell who's disposed to be a Christian by sweat samples or by the
ratio of the length of the middle toe to the length of the middle finger?

And what on earth would you want to do with the information?  Stop
Christianity in utero?

The genetic research about homosexuals appears to be appropriately neutral,
but the heterosexual majority has manifested a steady tendency to use any of
the 'findings' to justify discrimination against lgbts.

Nazis measured absolutely everything about Jews before baking them.

Many genetic studies presume 'a homosexual' as a fixed identity. Even those
of us who self-identify publicly are at different places on Kinsey's scale.
Must one be at least a Kinsey 4 to qualify?

Just how many drops of African blood does it take to be black?

Kids in my jr. high school in Alabama were certain they too could spot
queers, and if spotted, abuse us; so we queers learned not to wear green on
Thursday, not to look at our fingernails with the fingers held out
straight,......  Some found the best camouflage was to be a queer basher
too, as many still do in 'conservative' Christianity.

Queer Power

Swish, swish, men of America.
Cross your legs only at 90-degree angles.
Swish, swish!
Your fingernails are getting a mite too long.
Swish, swish!
That fuchsia shirt might be misunderstood.
Swish, swish!
You'd better lower your pitches
  and say something evil about your mothers.
Swish, swish!
You smell too sweet and are too polite.  Be crude.
Swish, swish!
Talk about war, not about flowers.
Swish, swish, men of America.
Swish, swish.  Swish, swish.
Swish, swish.  Bug off.

           -- Louie Crew, 1978

Published:

NABWMT Journal 4 (Summer 1991):  7.
Contact II~ Winter 1987: 50.
Gay Christian [U. K.] 17 (1980): 27.

-------

If you must study us, why not see whether gay priests and straight priests
serve in equal proportions in neighborhoods of the tough and the poor,
whether gay people or straight people are more likely to move into such
neighborhoods first and gentrify them, whether the gay sibling or the
straight sibbling is more likely to remain unmarried to care for the aging
parent......

Finally, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things
are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue,
and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Phil. 4:8)

Louie, Child of God, Newark deputy