Re: New York Times: Money Looms in Episcopalian Rift With Anglicans Anglicans

  • To: +**********
  • Subject: Re: New York Times: Money Looms in Episcopalian Rift With Anglicans Anglicans
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:43:32 -0400

I pushed for full funding of ACC requests when I was on Executive
Council as well.

I voted against our giving up our voice.  We have no more guarantee
of being right than anyone else, but all voices are necessary at the
table.  I was enormously disappointed that as soon as our 3
representatives were out of the room at Nottingham those who
remained voted to increase the power of angry primates.

I believe that we all have an obligation to be sensitive to the
feelings and different cultural contexts of others.  I see no
evidence of that sensitivity from the rest of the Communion towards
TEC.  We are stereotyped as the ugly Americans, but in this instance
we are on the side of the weak and despised, and others are the
bullies.

I hope we can continue in the Way with all of the faithfulness of
Holy Week.

Louie

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12d, East Orange, NJ 07018.
973-395-1068
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew