Bob Edgar (NCC) in WashPost on Gay-netic engineering

FYI.

Although my license as a Southern Baptist preacher has never been revoked, I
rejoice that I fled that religion in plenty of time (confirmed at St. Peters
in Rome [GA] on October 29, 1961).  Theologically I remain very much a
Baptist, but the Episcopal Church is the only safe place to be one in our
time.   The SBC has abandoned three of its cardinal principles:  separation
of church and state, the priesthood of the individual believer, and the
autonomy of the local congregation.  Baptists were a major force in shaping
our nation's emphasis on the first of these.

Celebrated critic Harold Bloom in his THE AMERICAN RELIGION says that there
are two religions born in the United States:  The Mormons and The Southern
Baptists.  He also notes that neither is particularly Christian.

Louie

Louie, Newark deputy
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew