Re: Dr Louie Crew: Come no closer! Remove the sandals from your feet, for.........

*******,

Your letter brings much more of Baylor back to me.  Thank you for it.

My father was a devout Baptist deacon and resented the way his local
congregation would always have a final vote to make its decisions
"unanimous."  He never let a vote be unanimous, but would always vote
against the majority.  Mother and I used to wonder outloud why we got
stuck with his habit of always standing out in this way.

Years later when I found that I needed to stand as a lone person
against the majority, I was greatly en-COURAGEd by his witness that
the world does not fall apart when you stand alone on principle.

As you seek to find how to be involved, be aware that your children
are watching and are quietly learning timidity or courage from what
you do, not just from what you say.   All of us can be much stronger
than we imagine, and the Holy Spirit wants us to be.

Joy to you in your pilgrimage of faith.