RE: [HoB/D] "Instruments of Unity"

I can think of no instrument of DISunity in the Communion more vexatious
than the primates themselves.

* They arrogate to themselves authority they do not have.

* They promise to listen but rarely do.

* Several of them cannot humble themselves to receive Communion with the
other primates: they trust in their own superior righteousness rather than
in God's manifold and great mercies.

* Many fly around the world invading other jurisdictions to perform
episcopal acts while folks in their own jurisdiction face incredible
poverty, pervasive violations of human rights, war, pestilence, and all
manner of other conditions needing their attention.

* They have exchanged their moral authority for a mess of political porridge.

Clearly some of the primates know nothing about genuine repentance in the
demands they make on The Episcopal Church. Even if they are right in their
judgment of TEC, they are going about calling us to repentance in a most
ineffective way.  Jesus loves sinners into repentance; he does not shame us.
While we were still sinners, he died for us.  Even at the first table, he
served Communion to those who he knew would betray him.

St. Francis embraced the leper; he did not jump back or point his finger as
many of the primates have done to those whom they consider moral lepers.

The primates never met as group until a few years ago.  We would have far
more unity in mission and bonds of affection in the Communion if the
primates would stay in their own jurisdiction.

Louie
Newark deputy
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew