RE: [HoB/D] The Vestry of All Saints Hilton Head Writes the Diocese of South Carolina Standing Committee

*******, how many more days does the Diocese of South Carolina have to
receive the consents before you otherwise have to scrap this election and
begin again?

I wrote to Mark Lawrence on November 26th:

> Subject: A request for an interview
>
> Gentle Father Lawrence,
>
> Would you be willing for me to interview you by telephone and
> publish the transcript? All nominees for PB let me do that.
> The transcripts are in THE WITNESS at
> http://www.thewitness.org/article.php?id=1068.
>
> I would focus on your response to questions raised about granting
> consents to your election, on your published remarks in election
> process, on issues confronting the Anglican Communion. I will
> also invite you to explore matter of the most concern to you.
>
> There would be some advantage to you, I hope, in demonstrating how you
> engage someone known to be progressive. While we likely disagree on
> several matters, I do not come to this project as an adversary, but
> as one who wants to explore how we might both serve in the same church.
> I do not want to be a part of a church that honors only my point of view.
> I believe that we all need one another.
>
> I have twice lived in the Diocese of SC, while teaching at Claflin
> College in Orangeburg (1971-73; 1988-89). I was the only white member
> of St. Paul's on both those occasions. +Ed Salmon and I served together
> on the Standing Commission on Human Affairs, 1994-1997. SC deputy Mark
> Goodman+  and I served at GC06 in the same sub-committee of
> International Concerns, and each respects the other.
>
> If you are willing, please give me a phone number to use and a good
> date and time to call you. I anticipate that the interview would not
> go longer than an hour, probably not longer than half an hour.
>
> Louie Crew

He has not yet responded.  I hope that he will.

Best wishes

Louie, Newark deputy

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew