Re: So, Louie, explain to me how the process works...

  • To: ***** ************
  • Subject: Re: So, Louie, explain to me how the process works...
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:05:06 -0500

The House of Bishops cannot unilaterally speak for TEC, only for
themselves.  The Executive Council can speak for TEC, as it is
constitutionally 'General Convention' between sessions.  EC will meet
over the coming weekend, for 4 days, in Portland.  I hope that say
some comforting words, some words that clarify who we are as an
autonomous province.

The primates communiqué has no binding force even  by the
constitution and canons of the Communion.  Only the Anglican
Consultative Council (with lay, clergy and episcopal members) may
speak for the Communion.

A plane rattles loudest when it is about to break the sound barrier.
Hold on tight and enjoy the flight.  You parish sounds like a very
safe cockpit!

Love, Louie

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12d, East Orange, NJ 07018.
973-395-1068
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew