RE: [HoB/D] Charge to Search Committee by Standing Committee of the Diocese of El Camino Real

> "3.	At this time in our history and in view of General Convention
> Resolution B033, the Search Committee shall not nominate any homosexual
> person as a candidate for bishop of the Diocese of El Camino Real."

> This seems wrong to me.  It should not be geared toward orientation but
> rather whether someone is in a sexual relationship outside of the bonds of
> Christian marriage.

My marriage to Ernest Clay over 32 years ago is a sacramental Christian bond.

Those whom God joined together let no one dare to put asunder.

It is okay with me if you don't want to celebrate it.   There were three
present -- the two of us and the Holy Spirit -- and that was crowd aplenty.
It is unkind to point a finger and declare it unchristian.

Today's epistle was one of the first that I ever memorized, 64 years ago, at
the Sunday School of Parker Memorial Baptist Church, when I was 5:  "Be ye
kind, one to another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, as God for
Christ's sake has forgiven you."

If someday you feel you need to ask for forgiveness for your scorn, know
that you already have it in advance, from the same source as our
forgiveness, who made and loves us all.

Chair of the Newark Deputation
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html  My Anglican Pages