Re: [HoB/D] After Columbus

Subject: Re: [HoB/D] After Columbus
From:    "Louie Crew" <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date:    Tue, August 1, 2006 3:48 pm
To:      "bishopsdeputies@hobd.org" <bishopsdeputies@hobd.org>

Unfortunately I was not on the floor for the session when the House of
Deputies voted to consent to Bishop Beisner.  I wanted very much to
speak in favor of consents.

Scarlet letters make a most unChristian fashion statement.  Required
to wear one most of my life, I would never wish one on anyone else.

Like Hester Prynne, I notice that young people tend not to know or
notice the letter's original intent.  They took Hester's "A" to mean
an "angel."

Marriage is not reserved for those who are righteous or
deserving or good enough.  It's not about our goodness, but about the
possibilities of a good institution.

Faith is not about how good we are but about how good Jesus is.

The efficacy of holy orders does not depend on the state of grace of
those in orders.  God's grace is sufficient for all our needs -- all
of them.

God in Christ has placed our sins as far away from us as the East is
from the West.  If you believe that, why do you keep bringing them up?

                          ,sCARLe,
                        ,RE"'  tRED,
                       ,DS        RE,
                       CA          DR