Bishop Terry Brown's "Missiology and Homosexuality" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:18:10 -0400
From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
To: Bishops Deputies Discussion <BishopsDeputies@hobd.org>
Subject: [HoB/D] Bishop Terry Brown's "Missiology and Homosexuality"

Be sure to read +Terry Brown's essay "Missiology and Homosexuality" at
Thinking Anglicans, http://www.rethinkingmission.org.uk/article_terry.html.

+Terry Brown is Bishop of Auki, Malaita Province, and the Solomon Islands.
Church Publishing has just published his book-length collection of essays
titled "Other Voices, Other Worlds."  If you have not already done so,
immediately order and read the book. (See
http://www.churchpublishing.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product&Productid=436).
Many of the writers are lesbians and gays, most of them Anglican, from all
over the world, especially from the Global South.

We need to find ways for Bishop Brown and the authors here to speak
throughout the Communion.  Those of us in The Episcopal Church might invite
some of them to speak at our diocesan conventions and in our parishes.   I
hope that much of the money GC 06 approved for listening in the budget of
the Anglican Consultative Council can be directed to this effort.

Having experienced God at work doing a new thing among us, it is all too
easy not to notice that God has been at work everywhere with similar
concerns.   Thousands throughout the Communion have not bowed their knees to
the god of hetero supremacy, but recognize that God is indeed, no respecter
of persons, that God loves and cares for all.

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew

--
Unless this message is clearly in the public domain, e.g. a press release, it may not be redistributed without its author's permission.