RE: [HoB/D] Article in ********* Tribune

*******, I rejoice in movement from controversy to mission.

[The reporter]'s account is not clear about how lesbians and gays in *********
outside the church fit into the mission of Christ Church. Is there good news
for them? Does Christ Church welcome them as people or avoid them as issues?
If they come, must they hide who they are?  Must lbgt couples say they are
just friends?  Must they give a false account of how they came by their
children?  Does Christ Church join them in ministries within the lbgt
community?

My ancestor raised a similar concern:  "Our ancestors worshiped on this
mountain, but you say that the place where people must worship is in
Jerusalem." Are lesbians and gays welcome to worship at Christ Church?

"The hour is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in
spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship him." (John
4)  Seeks all such.

All the first Christians were Jews, but by the end of the first century
there were almost no Jews who were Christians.  It is admittedly dangerous
to start hanging out with all of God's children.

Louie

Louie Crew, Chair of the Newark deputation
377 S. Harrison St., 12d, East Orange, NJ 07018.  973-395-1068
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew