RE: Question about becoming an Episcopalian

-----Original Message-----
From: *******************
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:55 PM
To: lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu
Subject: Question about becoming an Episcopalian

Dear Louie Crew:

I am a recent college graduate that is interested in political and
religious issues and is considering becoming an Episcopalian because
I feel that I will enjoy the liturgy and open mindness. However, I
admit that being interested in moving up in this world, I have a
slightly ulterior motive for joining the Episcopal church. Since, you
have compiled a list of motivations and reasons for joining the
Episcopal church, I am wondering in your opinion, how useful is the
Episcopal church for doing the following:

1. Networking to launch a business career?

2. Finding someone my age from a wealthy family to marry?

I would greatly appreciate a reply,

Thanks,

******************

There are other routes to achieve those two goals.  Join a faith
community only because you share the faith.  Civic religion is dying;
church membership of any sort has little cache.  Those of us still
here are here because we're disciples.

Blessings upon you as you strive to discern your values and
priorities.

LC

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, E. Orange, NJ 07018.
973-395-1068

http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew