Leviticus

I have always enjoyed teaching Leviticus in my Bible as Literature classes,
especially its emphasis on justice as the context for establishing health
standards for Israel.

My friend Kim Byham (an attorney and currently a colleague on Executive
Council) once suggested that I give the students a copy of the federal
legislation that sets the standard of not allowing for human consumption any
substance that is carcinogenic in laboratory mice.  The legislation also
rivals Leviticus' occasional obtuseness.

It is important to read Leviticus in the context of what the writers were
trying to accomplish, rather than to read it as God's Pure Food and Drug Act
for the 21st century.

Louie
Louie Crew, L1 Newark