[epdionwk] Scammer masquerading as +Jackson Matovu in Uganda; beware

I asked Benjamin Musoke-Lubega+, former Officer for Africa for TEC and
now Grants Officer for Trinity Wallstreet, to check the authenticity
of an appeal when someone else asked me about it last week.  Ben
checked with the bishop whom the correspondent claims to be, and the
real +Jackson Matovu said he had not sent the letter.

Today someone else asked me about the authenticity of a similar
letter, and a couple of minutes later the scammer sent the appeal to
me as well, mine with incredible claims to support gay people.

I replied that unless I receive confirmation of the person's identity,
I will turn over the correspondence to the FBI and through them to
Interpol.  Please save any appeal sent directly to you from this
person, so that the FBI might have it as evidence.

Apparently the scammer is gleaning names and email addresses from many
Episcopal sites.

Best wishes.

Louie